3

"What is that? What is this place?"

"That's a swing, Yoongi. And this is a park." Alison laughed. "Wanna swing?"

"Um I-I don't kn-"

"C'mon it'll be fun!" She laughed and took his arm and dragged him to the swings. She sat down on one of them and motioned for him to sit on the other one.

He did it and held onto the chains.

The chains...

The cold floor...

He remembered coughing up blood.

He didn't sleep.

They didn't feed him.

"Yoongi?"

"What?" He cleared his throat and looked at his sister.

"Are you ok? You kinda zoned out."

"I'm fine"

They hung out a bit longer at the park and Alison tried her best to teach Yoongi what everything was and what it did.

They arrived back home just in time for dinner.

"So mom, Allie said that she's adopted. Is she adopted too?" He pointed at Stephanie who rolled her eyes.

"Haha no, you two are blood related." She said.

"Ok"

~

Yoongi looked at his reflection.

It was a Sunday night so it meant that tomorrow was the first day of school.

He was beyond nervous.

He took off his shirt and frowned when he saw it.

He saw the large scar and burn marks on his stomach. He traced them gently with his finger tips.

"What're you doing?"

He jumped at the voice but rolled his eyes when he saw that it was Stephanie.

"Nothing" he mumbled and was about to put his shirt back on when she grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"What on earth is that on your stomach?" She gasped.

"Nothing!" He said a little louder and yanked his arm from her grip. He quickly pulled his shirt on and brushed passed her out of the bathroom.

He sat down on his bed and sighed.

"It didn't look like nothing to me" She said quietly.

"I'm tired. I wanna go to sleep" he said.

"Right" she whispered and left his room.

Yoongi tried not to think too much about this and tried to get as much sleep as he could for tomorrow.

~

"Yoongi. Wake up. It's your first day of school"

Yoongi fluttered his eyes open and was met with his mothers beautiful smile.

He got up and got ready. He was very anxious but also kind of excited.

He went downstairs to see everyone by the table already. He sat down beside Alison.

"Good morning, Yoongs!" She smiled. "Are you excited?"

"Yeah" he smiled and made himself some cereal. Allie taught him how to make it yesterday.

"Stef, I want you to keep a close look on Yoongi at school, Alright?" Mom said.

"But mom, I have friends and he's not-"

"End of discussion"

Stephanie groaned and proceeded to eat.

Before you know it, it was time for school. They got in the car while their mother drove them to school.

She gave them a long talk about getting along and that Stephanie needed to keep a close watch on him all the time.

She wished them a good day and they exited the car. Stephanie led Yoongi inside the school but as soon as they came inside, Yoongi stopped in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" Stef asked a little annoyed.

"I-I can't-"

"Yes you can, now come on!" She said and grabbed his arm and pulled him with her.

"Let me go" He whispered.

She didn't hear.

"I-I said let me go!" He said a little louder.

She didn't let go.

He felt his eyes brim with tears and he yanked his arm back with as much force as he had.

"No!" He yelled and wiped away his tears.

"What is wrong with you? Shut up, everyone's staring! Let's go" she said and walked ahead of him.

What was wrong with him?