II

"So what am I supposed to do?" She whispered into the darkness, tears running down her cheeks. The darkness, by nature, did not answer. She sobbed:"I miss home." Her sobs filled the room, quietly,soft, repressed, something so fragile that if you heard it, you would fear to scare it away. However, the statement in itself was illogical,the product of a tired mind overrun with nostalgia. She was home, in the room she lived, in the house she was raised in for so many years. Darkness embraced her as the moonlight faded behind a cloud for a brief second. "I miss home" she repeated again, but she did not miss this place. She missed who she used to be, and this nightly cry was the closest her troubled mind would ever come to understand. Sadly, people always forgot that we live in a world were time is the only constant, and even sadder that it was a cruel master. As much as it allowed fantastic tales, as bittersweet was the pain of longing it inflicted. And here was this little worm against the face of the universe, bailing her heart out to an uncaring world. She did not try to calm herself, yet she still held a strange beauty to be seen by noone in her solitude. She was never trapped, but always stuck here, never able to see the world anymore as it is, tainted by her past. "How could I leave?" She asked softly. The darkness, by nature, did not answer.