Teaser for... Either chapter 12 or 15... I think :)

It was a rainy Sunday here in Oakland, and Nathan and I were still broken up. Mom and Dad were chatting quietly in the kitchen, Jake was out with a few of his friends, and Joey was getting ready for his date with Emma later. Anthony and Amy were hanging out across the street at his house, and I was stuck here with nothing to do.

At that point, I was aimlessly scrolling through my Twitter feed on my laptop, making comments to myself in my head about all of my old friends that appeared here and there, and watching Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory. It was pretty funny. I was also listening to music on Pandora, on Panic! At The Disco radio. Unexpectedly, there was someone knocking on my door. "It's open," I said, completely absent minded. The door opened and closed behind the person who just came in. I didn't bother looking up from my computer, thinking it was just Joey.

Instead of seeing Joey's black hair over my computer screen, I saw Nathan's auburn brown hair. "Hey," he said in a faux casual tone. The look of seriousness in his eyes contradicted his tone of voice completely.

"Hey," I replied, equally as indifferent as he sounded. I closed my laptop, trying to be courteous, and sat Indian style instead of slouching like I had been before. "Did you walk here?" I asked, realizing that his hair was slightly damp. He nodded.

"We need to talk," he said with a seriousness that matched the look in his eyes. I nodded this time, motioning for him to sit down. He ignored my gesture, though, still standing at the end of my bed.

I sighed. "Alright, what's up?" I asked once Nathan didn't say anything more. All the things about him today - his unusual seriousness, the fact that he walked here in the rain instead of driving (even though he is my neighbor), the fact that he was wearing my favorite cologne of his (something he hadn't done in a while) - it just didn't add up, not concerning Nathan.

Now he sighed. "Ari, I know I've apologized about a million times for dumping you last week, but I still feel like a huge dick."

"And I told you every time, I forgive you! Now what's this all about?"

He came closer to where I was on my bed, but he still wouldn't sit down. "I feel like I haven't redeemed myself to you yet. And you know that I love you. I love you more than anything and anyone in the world, and I would do anything to have you to myself again."

I nodded, assuring him that I did know what he was telling me. "Nathan, I do know, I know all of that. But how do I know that you won't do the same thing again like you always do?"

He didn't answer for a what seemed like a long time, and just as I thought he was about to give up on me, he did the unexpected. He got down on one knee, right in front of me, and said, "Well, for starters, you could marry me." I gasped quietly, bringing, ironically, my left hand up to my mouth. "Arianna Armstrong, I've known you for my entire life. It would be the biggest honor in the WORLD if you agreed to marry me." He pulled a little red velvet box out of his jacket pocket, opening it in front of me like guys do in the movies. "Arianna Ryan Armstrong, would you please do me the honor of marrying me?" 

______________________________________________________________________

Alright, I had an idea. I downloaded the book We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han on my Kindle to read while my brother swam earlier, and I was reading that (what else would I be doing? I have no freaking idea) but *SPOILERS* Jeremiah proposed to Belly because he cheated on her over spring break and she wanted to know how she could know that he wouldn't do it again, and yeah. Nathan and Ari. Once I make this into an actual chapter I'll be sure to say something about that book, but I wanted to leave this teaser at that. Love you guys(: