Twelve

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Mr Robson yells at me. Mr Robson is the physics teacher that I do my work with.
"Stop shouting at me." I say back to him, leaning back against the classroom door.
"We're going to go back inside the classroom in a second and you are going to sit quietly and let me teach my class." He says. I look at him and nod. "Ok then." He opens the door and the two of us go inside. I sit at the end of his desk and he goes to help a girl who is struggling with her work.
I start colouring in the spaces inside the letters on my History worksheet. I'm about halfway through the first page when the Head Teacher marches through the door.
"Mr Anderson, how can I help you?" Mr Robson says.
"I need to have a word with Mr Scott." He says and locks eyes with me for a second before marching out. I grab my worksheet, crumple it into a ball and throw it at Mr Robson. It bounces off the back of his bald head and lands on the floor. By the time he has spun around to tell me off I've already got one foot out the door.

"Sit down Mr Scott." Mr Anderson says, pointing at the seat opposite him. He stares at me for a moment before talking again. "Your father had a heart attack last night."
"Somehow I do not seem to care." I say to him.
"He's in the hospital just now," Mr Anderson continues, ignoring my comment. "The doctor said that he'll be alright this time, but due to his habits..."
"Another one will be inevitable." I nod.
"Adam Harris is on his way to pick you up, he'll take you to visit him."
"Thanks, But I don't want to see him." I say and get up to leave..
"Trust me, you do." Adam says, standing in the doorway with his arms wide. "Do you mind if we have a minute?" He asks Mr Anderson.
"You better not touch him." Mr Anderson says getting to his feet and standing between Adam and I. "That is totally inappropriate behaviour. He is your student, not your friend."
"I disagree..." Adam starts.
"I don't care if you disagree. He is a pupil in my school, and I believe you were a bad influence on him."
I cover my ears and screw my eyes up. I don't want to be here while they fight.
"It was your 'best-friend' teaching methods that stopped him from listening to the teachers in this school."
"He's not a bad kid!" Adam shouts, fed up of Mr Anderson.
"He pulled an Geography teacher's pants down in the corridor yesterday, he spat in my coffee last week and this morning he blocked all the toilets with workbooks he found in his classroom."
I put my head on the desk and repeatedly kick the bag on the floor.
"Maybe this isn't the right environment for him."
"Mr Harris, I think you should leave."
"Give the boy another chance."
"Mr Harris!" Mr Anderson yells. "Get out of my office and leave this pupil alone!"
I get to my feet and take a step towards them, my vision blurs and my legs wobble below me. "No." I whisper, collapsing onto my knees. My whole body shakes of the floor, and within a minute I'm lying in a pool of my vomit. "Adam." I murmur.
"Let me help him." I hear.
"Mr Harris, Leave now."
"He's asking for me, he needs my help."
"I'm going to phone the police if you do not leave now."
I hear Adam yell, then I hear a body flop to the floor near me.
"Scott." Adam whispers. "It's just me, let me help you."
"Adam help me." I mutter.
"I'm helping you, don't worry."
"Help me."
"Scott, can you sit up?"
"Adam help."
"Come here." He sighs, pulling me up into a sitting position.
"I need to go home." I throw up right down the front of his shirt
"Hey, It's Ok. It's ok." He helps me to my feet and half-carries me to his car. "We're going to the hospital to get you help."
"Adam help me." I silently scream. "Help me help me help me help me."
"It's ok." He says putting my seatbelt on me. I take it of and get out the car, falling face it's onto the floor. "I'm calling for help." He says, rolling me onto my side. "It's Ok."