△Air of The Night

Air of The Night

...And the walls kept tumbling down

In the city that we love

Great clouds roll over the hills

Bringing darkness from above

We danced in time to our favourite song, my sister and I. Whether it was a fast paced song, or a gentle song like Oblivion, we didn't stop dancing, and I loved every minute of it. Lilly and I had grown apart these past few months, one of many faults of growing older, but being able to enjoy small moments, like screaming lyrics at the front man on the stage, with her were priceless.

"Rose!" Lilly called, extending her slender, porcelain arm towards me as the song came to a close. Lilly and Rose, a wonderful cliché right? Our mum gained an idea that having twins with matching names would be oh so cute. What ever gave her that idea, I will never know.

"Lilly!" I called back, reaching for her and gripping her offered hand tightly as she pulled me through the pulsing crowd, "Where are we going?"

"We have to get a good spot!" She shouted over her shoulder in a feeble attempt of shouting over the last few bars of Pompeii and the screaming crowd. Lil told me had some fanatic idea that she would meet the band, and have its members fall madly in love with her before fighting each other to the death. I told her that she had to stop re-watching 'The Hunger Games'. But never the less, I played along, agreeing to help her meet the guys after the show. In the freezing cold rain. That's right Lil and I were stood outside on a bloody cold, Halloween night trying to meet a bunch of guys that will likely forget our very existence the moment they drive away from their gig. But it was worth a shot, right?

"Rosey Posey, stop with the negative thoughts!" Lilly giggled as she dragged me out into the sharp air of the night, "I can see those little cogs turning in your head!"

Lilly carried on laughing as she pulled me around the back of the venue until we finally reached the stage door. There were no security guards outside yet. Mainly because there was still half an hour before the show itself actually ended.

"Bloody Hell, Lil" I groaned, pointing to the watch on my wrist, tapping its sodden little glass casing,

"What?" She asked innocently, batting her fake eyelashes, "We had to get a good spot... I did come prepared, though!" She grinned as she dove into the bag she had been gripping onto all night, and pulled out a bottle of what looked like Cola.

"Is that-"

"Yup."

And that's how we spent the remaining half an hour of Bastille's concert. Not singing along to the lyrics, but swigging vodka and coke in soaking Halloween costumes.

We decided, being all-original-and-all, to try and match our names with our costumes. Lilly was dressed up in a white laced dress, accompanied by gold accessories, and a flower crown she had found in a charity shop near where we lived. She had then dressed me up in a pink, frilly playsuit and added a long white necklace to match my shoes, for good measure. It wasn't until last minute (on the way to the concert) did she decide we weren't 'Halloweeny enough'. This caused her to decide that we needed wigs and bloody contacts to add to our outfits. So she covered our matching blonde hair with white and pink wigs and contacts in similar colours that were hastily applied in the taxi. We looked pretty great in our makeshift costumes.

About an hour after we had stepped outside into the freezing night, more and more screaming fans dressed up in all kinds of costumes appeared. Lilly and I were too busy drinking up the last drops of our coke to notice when four guys stepped out of the stage door, causing the already excited fans to go ballistic, surging forward towards the band. I care to point out now that even sober, I am a clutz, so when the twenty-odd ecstatic girls forced themselves forwards, I think it's safe to say I was catapulted towards the safety barrier, barely able to stop myself from toppling over onto my face. With my pink wig blocking my view, I didn't notice the rather tall man with the icy-blue eyes pause in front of me.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, in a slightly rough voice. No way. It couldn't be... could it?

"What's your name?"

I looked up, brushing the pink fibres out of my face to lock eyes with him. Dan Smith.