Chapter 3

Marcs POV

I probably shouldn't have run out like I did. It was just too much. 

It's not like I'm embarrassed about what I write in general, it's just that I don't think I would be able to handle some people reading it. 'Some people' being Nathaniel. Nathaniel has so much talent. His drawings are some of the best I've ever seen. I wouldn't want them to be wasted on my stories. Though that's not the only reason I don't want him to read it.

Nathaniel is just so cool. He is liked by almost everyone (not counting chole, but she doesn't like anyone), and he is always around his friends, but most of all he is a good person. And I don't mean in the way Marinette is kind or how Mylene cares about the environment. He just... doesn't judge you, I guess. No matter who you are, he treats you the same as everyone else. That's not to say that he is nice to everyone in the overly chipper way Marinette is, but he never acts grumpy or rude towards you either. 

He doesn't talk down to anyone, even though his art is better than most others. The good part about being a nobody is being able to eavesdrop on other peoples conversations. I remember one time I overheard him talking to another student about some doodles they drew on their notebook. He gave them suggestions, but never said anything negative about it.

See, the reason I don't want him to read my writing is that if he does, he would just lie about how good it is, even if he hates it.

I lean my head against my locker, my heart pounding. I reach into my sweater to grab my notebook but find nothing. Writing always calms me down, but my notebook was nowhere to be found.

"No, no, no!" Maybe I just forgot it in my locker? I quickly enter the combination and start rummaging through it as soon as I get the door open. I frantically pull out some of the junk I store in it before hearing a voice to my right.

"Looking for this?" I turn to see Marinette holding my writing journal. She hands it to me and I breathe a sigh of relief. Wait, what if she read it? That doesn't seem like something Marinette would do, but I should ask anyway.

"Did you read it?" I ask worriedly, clutching the notebook to my chest.

"Oh no," Marinette says, raising her empty hands in the universal sign of innocence. I sigh in relief, but that reassurance quickly dissolved with her next statement, "Yea, sorry," Marinette confessed, "It was too tempting." She puts her hands together and furrows her eyebrows.

I turn around, still holding on to my notebook tightly, "Oh how embarrassing. So, so lame..."

"No its not! You should turn it into a comic book. Why don't you team up with Nathaniel?" Marinette's quick smile shows that her positivity is alive as ever. She always saw the best in things for reasons I don't know. She always tried (and usually succeeded) to put a smile on my face.

I look down at the floor. "I-I'm sure he won't like it..."

She puts her hand on my shoulder and smiles at me. "I wouldn't be so sure. You should have him read it before jumping to conclusions," She says kindly.

"But what if he doesn't like it? I'll be so embarrassed!" I hide my face in my hand and start to pace, "I'll have to switch schools so I never run into him again!"

"Now you're being silly." She berates me, "Look, he draws Ladybug all the time, and you write stories about her." She suddenly raises a finger, "I've got an idea! We'll have him read it without telling him who wrote it. If he likes it, it's a win-win. If he doesn't... well, we just won't say anything."

That's... That's actually a great idea! I can't believe one of us didn't think of it sooner. "You think it'll work?"

She tilted her head slightly to the side. "Trust me on this."

I guess I'll have to.

~~~~~

K, people, don't worry I'll be getting to the real plot soon. Sorry for the short chapter.

Just so y'all know, Reverser(Marc) may have slightly different powers than he did in the episode, but I think y'all'll like it. They are actually what I originally assumed his powers were going to be when I heard the name 'Reverser'.

And always, if you see any grammar, spelling, or tense errors, please comment. I love reading feedback!

Thanks for reading!