Sure of yourself

My book was ripped out of my hand, starling me. A guy I don't think I've ever seen pulled a chair next to me, sitting down, burying his head in the book. Not three second slater did a police officer, morbidly overweight, comes panting in a slow jog. He runs right past out table and through the library doors.

"Thanks." The guy says, pushing the book towards me. I was slightly stunned, slight irritated. He sighs heavily, leaning back in the chair, stretching his arms, putting his hand on his head. He's stupidly hot and I didn't know why he was running from the officer, but if I pwas him, I would never forget his face. I look him up and down, trying to figure out what he got in trouble for. He didn't look like he's a delinquent. His dark brown hair was a little messy but apart from that, he had a red zip-up sweatshirt, a black t-shirt, and dark jeans.

"What'd you do?"I ask, noticing his pockets looked to be filled with something.

"I got my phone taken away, I needed it back." He shrugs, pulling it out of his pocket to show me. It seemed dumb to me, so I had to ask,

"They'll notice yours is gone, though." I deadpan. Then he reaches into his other pockets, pulling it several other cell phones from each one.

"They won't know it was me." He shrugs, pulling his sweatshirt off. He turns it inside out, the inside grey, pulling the sleeve through too. He puts it on the table, picking up my book. He scans the cover, then looking to me, his eyes a warm brown, amusement dancing in them.

"I'm Tate by the way, you're Ethan's brother, right?" He asks, turning in his chair to face me. He looked comfortable, so unapologetic of interrupting my stupid book report reading I was trying to do.

"Yeah." I just nod, unsure of what to make of this guy. The I remember why he looks familiar. He's sometimes with my brother in school, same friend group or something. How did I Forget him? I need to pay more attention.

"You are pretty sure of yourself." I say, chewing my lip. My face heats, the regret of even speaking sinking in. I should have just let it go. But then he smiles and I realize he might just be the hottest guy I've ever seen.

"Why do you think that? Am I bothering you?" He raises an eyebrow, amused.

"You used me as a cover and told me your name. What makes you think I wouldn't go find Arnold and tell him who you are?" I ask, sounding more confident in my words than I felt saying them.

"You're gonna tell on me?" He smirks, sitting forwards, his face way too close. I blink, trying not to get distracted at the proximity.

"Well, no, but I could." I turn away, embarrassed of my attraction towards him. Why can't I just be straight?

"Didn't think so." He says. I frown, wondering why he thinks that. Do I look weak? Am I the easiest victim of sorts?

"See you around, Ethan's brother." He laughs, standing up. He starts walking away when I notice the phone in his chair.

"You left your phone." I say.

"Give to Ethan for me? Saves me the trip." He turns toward me to say, then strolling away.