A Snake In The Grass, A Wolf At the Door

Site: fanfiction.net & AO3

Fandom: Naruto

Author: black.k.kat or blackkat

Summary: Orochimaru is on the edge of breaking when someone unexpected pulls him back to solid ground. When the time comes, he returns the favor. Slash.

Pairing: Sakumo/Orochimaru, Pre-Kakashi/Obito

Rated: T

Chapters: 10

Status: Complete

Review: Blackkat is a goddess and I would build a shrine in her name if I could. I love love love this fanfiction. It ruined common pairings for me, and I couldn't and wouldn't bring myself to regret it. Blackkat was able to put two seemingly impossible people together like pieces of a puzzle. It says something about a writer's ability if they were able to change your view on a character and perspective of a fandom. I am now an avid supporter of Sakumo/Orochimaru. Orochimaru became my favorite character after this. I was hesitant to try this story at first, but now I have read this story at least 3 times already. This crack/rare pairing is one of the most, if not the best, beautiful pairing I have the pleasure of reading. It is enthralling to read about the relationship between the two. It is simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking to read. 5 stars and I really recommend to anyone to read this beauty. This is a really long review and I don't regret it.