Chapter 1

Yay. School holidays. New house. New outlook on life. This is fresh.

I suppose I should explain some stuff about myself. I'm Ali ( Ali is my full name) I'm 15 years old and I've just moved to this house with my family.

As we pull up at the gate, my father gets out and opens it. As we pull in to the car port I open the car door and grab my phone. My mum unlocks the door to the house and walks in. It's massive! This is so awesome!

I run up the stairs and pick a room and the end of the hall way. The movers had come the day before, putting all my stuff into my room. I flop down onto the bed and pull my phone out.

                        -That night-

As lay on the bed, I grab my phone and plug in the head phones. I go into YouTube and search up Troye Sivan. As I load one of his videos I close my eyes.

All of a sudden I hear this horrible screeching sound and open my eyes, by this time the sound has reduced to a static sound I pick up my phone. Just a bunch of static covers the phones screen. I press the home button, but it just goes back into YouTube, back to the static. I turn it off, annoyed and roll over and go to sleep.

I wake with a start. It took a second to realise why I woke up. I woke up to a sound, like my door being opened.

I look in the direction of the door, it's open, but only half way. I get kind of freaked out, I'm always watching things like 'Paranormal Activity' and 'The Conjuring' I muster up the courage to get up and shut it. When I return to my bed I look into the full length mirror next to my bed. In the reflection, on the other side of the bed, is a tall, dark figure. But it's see through. But definitely there. I freeze, terror washing over me.