Chapter 6

That dream really scared me. But I can't let it get to me. Unfortunately, because we live in the middle of nowhere, No one could hear my screams.

                         -Week later-

Well, nothing has happened at all this week. And I'm pretty exited, looks like this stupid demon thing is going to leave me alone. My parents were going out for dinner tonight and I had invited my friend Chloe over.

When Chloe arrived, my parents set out. We talked for a while, laughing and talking about embarrassing memories. "Hahaha yeah. Do you remember the time when.." Chloe's voice stopped abruptly at a thumping sound. "W-what was that?" She stutters. "I don't know.." I say.  Great. Now. Of all times. This stupid demon decides to show up.

I hear glass break upstairs. We both freeze. "W-we s-should p-probably check that out.."  I say, jeez I'm so afraid of what I'll find though. We get up and walk up the stairs shoulders brushing. We reach my room and I turn in the light. "Oh god.." Chloe says. I look at where she's pointing and see my full length mirror is shattered, glass on the floor. Leading away from the mirror, towards the door, is a trail of blood. I hear a scream beside me and turn in time to see Chloe getting pulled up by her hair, feet lifting off the ground. "CHLOE!!" I scream. All of a sudden, she drops. I pull her to her feet and sprint down the stairs. I push the front door open and run onto the grass outside. I trip over and fall flat on my face. Chloe sits down beside me, panting. "Are you ok?" I ask. "Hardly. What the he'll was that?" "I think it was, well, a d-demon." I sigh. May as well tell her now. "But you can't tell anyone. Ok?" "What! Are you nuts!? THERE IS A DEMON LIVING IN YOUR HOUSE AND YOU DON'T WANT TO TELL ANYONE?! HOW STUFFED IN THE HEAD ARE YOU?!"

"Chloe. Look. My parents will never believe me. And it's not like we can call the cops. What the hell can we do?"   "I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA! ALL I KNOW IS THAT YOU COULD DIE. DIE. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!? IT MEANS GONE. NEVER COME BACK. SHIT MAN, THIS THING IS GOING TO KILL YOU!" She screams at me. "Chloe, you don't think this has crossed my mind? Calm down. My parents will be home soon.