Chapter 2

I feel like this, this, thing is staring back at me. I blink, and it's gone. I'm so scared. I pull the blanket up over my head and curl into a ball, eventually I fall asleep.

As I get up the next morning, I think about the shadow. I shudder, that was scary. After I shower, I walk to my wardrobe and slide the door open. I pull out a cute shirt and some shorts. As I take away the clothes I gasp. Where I just took away the clothes, a four long scratch marks run for about 20cm. I take a step back, shut the door and get changed quickly before fast walking down stairs. I walk into the kitchen were my mum and dad are eating. "Morning" I say and walk to the fridge. "Hey sweetie, how'd you sleep last night?" My mum asks. "Yeah.. Ok I guess" I lie, deciding not to tell them about the dark figure next to my bed.

I pull out the packet of waffles and put 2 in the toaster.

After eating breakfast, I decide to explore the house a bit more. I walk upstairs and pull down the ladder to the attic. I climb up them, and enter the attic. I turn on the light and take in my surroundings, an old chair sits in the corner and next to it is a white thing. I walk closer and realise it's a piece of paper. Scrawled in a messy font was, 'Our house.' What? 'Our house?' What even?!

I think nothing of it, and leave the attic, pushing the ladder up as I leave. I walk back downstairs and sit in the couch. "Oh and Ali," my dad says, "Your mother and I are going into the city tomorrow night. You'll be home alone, that's ok isn't it?" "Yeah, ok." I reply. Yes! Home alone, I can do what ever I want. This is going to be fun!