Life Changes 2

The Next Day

"So, how'd your family react to you making it on to Idol?" Cole asked as I sat on my bed after I answered his FaceTime call. "My little sister is ecstatic for me. Her & her friends are the ones who convinced me to go for it. The rest of my family wasn't too thrilled. They're all worried about how I'm going to get to LA, because they all work, & I admit I haven't fully thought it all out, but I just really want to do this." I explained. "What if I drove you to LA? I know you don't like flying, so if we leave a few days early, we should have plenty of time to get there." Cole suggested.

"Wow. Cole, you don't have to do all of this for me, aren't you going to be pretty busy around that time?" I asked. "It'll be fine. I was planning on going to go visit Luke out there anyways, might as well be helpful & give my girl a ride there." He smiled. "Oh, so I'm your girl, now?" I asked teasingly. "Only if you want to be." Cole smiled nervously. "Well.. that depends. You haven't really asked me anything yet." I continued teasing him. "Hope, would you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"How about I make you a deal?" I asked. "O..ok.." He hesitated. "Relax.." I smiled. "I was just going to say that maybe you could hold that thought until the concert? By then we'll know each other much better, & it'll just be a lot more special to have that conversation in person." I explained. "Yeah. You're right. I can definitely hold that thought until then. I can't promise that it won't be all I think about between now and then though." He smiled. "Just don't screw up during your next few shows. I don't want to be that girlfriend before I actually am the girlfriend." I smiled, letting the word girlfriend roll off my tongue. "I'll try." He promised.

"So.. how about we get a head start on getting to know each other, besides singing what do you like to do?" He asked. "I love movies. Preferably love stories. My favorites are A Walk To Remember and Forever My Girl." I explained. "I love to watch sports. Especially Football & Basketball. I like baseball, but I only watch the Astros." I explained. "I'm assuming you're a Cowboys fan, then?" He asked. "True Blue!!" I smiled. "I like the Cowboys, I am a Georgia Boy though. I still love my Braves & Falcons." He explained. "As well you should. Gotta stay true to your roots." I smiled.

"Hey, can you hold on a sec? Samantha just got here, & we're going shopping because I can't find anything to wear to the concert." I explained. "Sure. No problem." He smiled and I quickly went to let Sam in.

"Ok, I'm back." I said out of breath when Samantha and I got back to my room. "Hey, Cole." Samantha said happily when I picked up my phone. "Hey, how are you doing?" He asked. "I'm doing good. So... Am I interrupting anything?" She asked with her eyebrows raised. "No, we've just been talking. Getting to know each other better." I explained & smiled at Cole. "That sounds promising." She smiled & I just covered my face with my hands. "I did ask her to be my girlfriend, but she said no." Cole said & my mouth just went wide open. "Hope!! Why would you say no? We both know how much you love Cole!" She started but I had to interrupt her. "I didn't say no." I said loudly and she stopped talking. "What?" She asked. "I didn't say no, I just said that we should get to know each other a little more. I told him that we could talk about it when we see each other at the show." I explained & Cole had a smile on his face.

"Oh ok. That's fair. I mean, you've only known each other for like 2 days, well.. Cole has only known you for like 2 days, you have known & loved him for how long now?" She asked sarcastically. "I see your point, but I still think we should wait. I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship that public, yet." I admitted. "You know I will always stand up for you, no matter what anyone says, right?" Cole asked. "Of course I do. I just need a little more time. Just another month. I promise, we will talk about this when we see each other at the show." I smiled.

"Ok, changing the subject. What are you wearing to the concert?" He asked. "I told you, that's why Sam & I are going shopping. She found these really cute dresses at Target, so we're going to see if I can find one for the show." I explained & Cole had a huge smile on his face. "What?" I chuckled.

That girl, rolls into a party, looking like a million, in a dress from Target. He sang & I blushed. "Not that I won't be singing every song to you anyway, but now I'm definitely singing Her directly to you." He smiled. "Ugh, October 20th needs to get here already so you guys can just get together." Samantha groaned. "I guess I should let y'all go so you can go get that dress." Cole smiled and winked. "Ok, I'll talk to you later? Call me after the show if you're not to tired." I smiled. "I'm never to tired for you, beautiful. I'll talk to you tonight." Cole promised & we hung up.

Cole's POV

"Hey! How's the little lady, doing?" Joel asked as I walked into the bus. "Very funny. She's doing good. Her and Samantha are going shopping for the show. They're going to Target." I grinned. "You really like this girl, don't you?" He asked knowingly. "I do! I've never been this crazy about a girl before, I just.. I don't know.. she's just.. real, you know what I mean?" I asked.

"I do. I know you haven't had the best of luck finding a girl who isn't all about the money and the fame. I'm happy for you, man." Joel said & patted me on the back. "Thanks man. I'm really happy. I just wish that the concert would come faster so I could see her in person. And because I may have asked her to be my girlfriend while we were talking earlier. She said that she'd give me her answer when we see each other at the show. That way we can keep getting to know each other better until then." I explained.