Life Changes Part 14

Cole's POV

"Hey Dustin! Are you joining us, buddy?" I asked as I walked up to our table. "Yeah, he walked in by himself, so I invited him to join us." Hope explained. "Awesome. We'd love the company." I smiled and sat down next to my baby.

"So Cole, Hope was just telling me about another one of her favorite songs of mine." Dustin said after the waitress left our table after taking our orders. "Oh yeah? Which song is that?" I asked. "Your Daddy's Boots." He smiled & Hope just covered her face with her hands.

"Oh." I said & a smile began to creep onto my face because I knew that she was thinking about me, & our future together. "Do you think y'all are gonna make it that far?" Dustin asked & Hope immediately uncovered her face. "Dustin! Why would you ask him that? You don't have to answer that baby." She told me.

"Well.. I want to answer it. To be completely honest Dustin, I have to say that I do. I do think that we can & will make it that far, & hopefully beyond that." I smiled & grabbed my baby's hand. "Really?" She asked, uncovering her face slowly. "Of course baby. I've told you that I never want to lose you, & that means that I plan on marrying you someday." I smiled.

*
"Well, it was great hanging out with you guys, I have a writing session in about 30 minutes though, so I should really get going." Dustin explained. "Ok, well it was good to see you man." I smiled and we shook hands. "I'm sorry about putting you on the spot there, sweetie, I just thought he should know how you really felt." He told my baby.

"It's fine, Dustin. You're right, actually. I shouldn't have been afraid to tell him that I felt that way, so thank you." She smiled. "So does that mean I can have a hug?" Dustin asked. "Of course you can have a hug." She chuckled & Dustin leaned in to hug her. "See y'all soon." He smiled and walked out of the restaurant.
*
Back at her hotel room

"So, now that we're alone, you can tell me how you really feel about what Dustin said." She pushed. "What are you talking about, baby? I really did mean what I said. I love you, & I really would love to spend the rest of my life with you. I can't think of anything that I would love more." I explained.

"You.. you're serious?." She smiled but it still came out in a questioning tone. "Of course I'm serious, baby girl. I'm not going to rush into anything, but now that I've finally found my perfect girl, I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep you." I promised. "Same here, Cole. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be here with you. I'm just afraid that I'm gonna wake up one day, & find out that this was all just a perfect little dream." She frowned.

"I know what you mean, baby. I can assure you that you're not dreaming though. Our perfect little life together is really happening." I smiled softly.

2 Days Later

Normal POV

"You know.. I had a really great time in Nashville, & I am SO EXCITED about recording Fearless, but I'm glad to be going home." I sighed as Cole and I got comfortable in our seats on the plane. "Me too, baby." He smiled. "Nashville is home for you though." I frowned confusedly. "So is Pflugerville. You are home to me, baby girl." Cole smiled softly. "I love you, Cole. You're home to me too, baby." I smiled and leaned into his side and he wrapped his arms around me. "Get some sleep baby girl. We'll be home soon." I heard Cole say briefly before my eyes shut.
*
"Baby, we're home." I heard Cole whisper & rub my shoulder softly. "Good. I don't feel very well, Cole." I sighed. "Let's get you inside, baby. You can take a nice, hot shower, then go right back to sleep, ok?" He smiled softly. "Ok." I agreed.
*
"Get some rest, beautiful. You might just need some good sleep. I'll be right outside if you need me." Cole promised as he tucked me into bed after I got ready for bed. "Unless..  you want me to stay with you?" He asked suggestively, knowing I didn't want him to leave. "Please.." I asked softly. "Of course, baby." He smiled and climbed into bed next to me & I laid my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "Get some sleep baby girl. I love you." He whispered and kissed the top of my head softly & I fell asleep in his arms.
*
Cole's POV

After I was sure that she was sleeping soundly, I slowly got out of bed, & walked out into the living room. "Please, pick up." I sighed as I held up my phone after dialing her mom's number.

"Hey Cole! Y'all are back already?" Her mom asked after answering her phone. "Yes ma'am. We've been home for about 2 hours, but Hopey wasn't feeling too good so she took a hot shower, & now she's asleep, I'm a little worried, but I don't really know how to know what to look for in case something might be wrong." I admitted.

"Don't worry about it, Cole. I'm sure that everything will be fine, but just in case.. if her voice is slurred, if she is nauseous, dizzy, & lethargic, she'll need to get to the ER. I'll send you the address, just in case. If she has any of these symptoms, text YES to me, but take her to the address that I'm about to send you. We will be there shortly after you." She explained.
*
After hanging up my phone, I quietly walked back into her room. "Hey, how are you feeling, baby?" I asked softly when she began to wake up. "I'm ok. My head just hurts a lot." She tried to act like she was ok, but the moment that I heard her voice, I knew the truth. "We need to get you to the ER, baby." I said urgently.

"I.. I know Cole." She said softly. "Come on baby. Let's get you in the truck. I just need to text your mom." I told her & she nodded slowly. "I'm going to be fine, Cole." She said softly and grabbed my shaking hand, after I got into the truck. "I know you are, baby girl. You're the strongest person that I know." I smiled & squeezed her hand gently before backing out of the parking lot.