Life Changes Part 13

Cole's POV

After a quick stop at my house so I could grab some clothes, & other things I might need while I'm staying with my baby, we were finally getting to the hotel. "Baby, we're here." I said softly as I rubbed her arm gently. "I thought you were going to stay with me tonight? Don't you need a change of clothes?" She asked sleepily.

"I am. We stopped by my house & I grabbed some clothes & my bathroom stuff." I explained. "Oh ok. Great." She smiled softly. "Let's go upstairs & get some sleep, baby." I smiled and got out of the car to grab her chair.
*
Normal POV

"I'm gonna take a quick shower." I smiled softly. "Hang on, baby." Cole started & walked over & stood in front of me. "What's wrong Cole?" I asked nervously. "I love you." He smiled and kissed me softly. "I love you too, baby. I'll be right out." I smiled and went into the bathroom after grabbing my phone.

*
"Hey baby, can I ask you something?" I asked as I came out of the bathroom. "Of course baby girl." Cole yawned. "You know what, never mind. We should get some sleep." I smiled when I saw him already comfortable in the bed. "No, no. I'm all ears. You have my full attention." He smiled.

"Would you really want to move down to Texas? I don't want you to do it just for me." I sighed. "Where's this coming from, baby?" He asked & came around the bed, kneeling in front of me. "It just kept running around in my mind while I was in the shower. It's just, after meeting everyone, especially your mom, I don't want to take you so far away from them." I explained.

"I promise you that everything is going to be great, baby. We'll be coming out here all the time. I want to be with you, in a place that I know you'll be taken care of in any case. I know that you won't be able to come out on the road with me all of the time, & when you can't, I want you to be with your family. I've made up my mind, baby." He smiled. "My family is happy for me. They love you." He finished & kissed me quickly.

"I love you so much, Cole." I said softly and smiled. "I love you too baby. More than anything. I'd do anything for you." He smiled and kissed me again. "We should definitely get some sleep now." I chuckled after Cole let out a long yawn. "Agreed." He smiled & surprised me when he picked me up and sat me on the bed. "Good night beautiful. I love you." He said softly as I laid my head on his chest & he wrapped his arms around me. "I love you too." I sighed and felt him kiss the top of my head before sleep finally consumed me.
*
The Next Morning

"Hey guys!" I smiled as Cole & I entered the studio. "Hey Hope, hey Cole. Are you ready to record this song sweetie?" Kerry asked. "I sure am!" I exclaimed. "Let's do this, then. Go on, get in the booth." Carter said & after getting a quick kiss from Cole, I went over to the booth.
*
"That was amazing baby girl!" Cole smiled and kissed me softly after I finished the song. "Thank you baby. What did y'all think?" I asked Luke, Kerry & Carter. "Why aren't you a big star yet?" Carter asked & I just shook my head slowly. "Give it another month. Maybe." Luke said knowingly. "You really think I was that good?" I asked.

"I reiterate, you were amazing baby." Cole smiled. "You really were sweetie. I'm so glad I asked you to record this song." Luke smiled. "You know what you guys should do?" Kerry asked Cole & I & we shrugged. "Y'all should go talk to Bobby Bones on his show." Kerry explained. "I was just there though." Cole explained.

"I know, but didn't he tell you that you should have taken Hope with you?" Kerry asked knowingly. "Yeah. He did." Cole smiled. "Great. I'll set it up, then." Kerry smiled and walked out of the room. "What's wrong baby?" Cole asked when he noticed my nervous face after Kerry left. "Nothing. This is just all going by really fast." I explained. "Everything is going to be great, baby. I promise you." He smiled and kissed the top of my head.
*
Next Morning

"Ah.. it's so great to finally meet the famous Hope. Seriously, this guy was telling me all about you and how you met." Bobby smiled. "We wouldn't have met if it wasn't for Luke." I smiled. "Somehow I doubt that. You would have made it down here no matter what, if the right person had heard you." Bobby said confidently.
*
After the interview, Cole & I stopped to get some breakfast. "I'll be right back, baby." Cole smiled as we found a table & he walked back into the restroom. "Hey, Hope. Looks like the three of us had the same idea." Dustin smiled as he walked up to our table. "Yeah, I guess we did. Would you like to join us?" I asked. "I would love to." Dustin smiled.

"So, before Cole comes back, I forgot to tell you about my other favorite song of yours." I informed him. "And which one would that be?" Dustin asked. "Your Daddy's Boots, of course. I mean, I always thought that it would be the perfect wedding song, but before my audition, I couldn't see it happening for me." I sighed. "But now with Cole, you can?" He asked.

"I can. I've just never loved any guy, the way that I love him. I can see myself with Cole, forever." I smiled. "Does he know that?" He asked again and I shook my head. "I can't tell him that. What if I freak him out?" I frowned. "Trust me sweetie, you won't. Hell, he might even be thinking the same thing. You should talk to him about it." Dustin said just as I saw Cole walking back from the restroom.