Life Changes 16

Cole's POV

Girl I swear
I get scared looking in your eyes
Start thinking about where I'd be now
If I wasn't with you tonight
I've done a lot of crazy things
But you saved me and you reeled me in
There ain't no doubt
I'd take us right now
Over me back when

A lot of beer got drank
A lot of hell got raised
A lot of nights got long
But that was long
Before I saw your face
Now baby I'm holding on
To what I never wanna lose
I took a few wrong turns
Down a couple back roads
But wound up where
I was supposed to

Making my way
Making my way to you
Yeah, Making my way
Making my way to you

Now I know why all those
Wrong ones didn't work out
It's easy to see
But hard to believe
That I got my arms around

My forever, I coulda never
Dreamed it up this good
Ain't it funny how
Things work out
Better than you
Thought they would

Back when a lot of beer got drank
A lot of hell got raised
A lot of nights got long
But that was long
Before I saw your face
Now baby I'm holding on
To what I never wanna lose
I took a few wrong turns
Down a couple back roads
But wound up where
I was supposed to
Making my way to you

I didn't know what
I was looking for
No, I didn't have a clue
Next thing I know
I'm thanking the lord
For everything I went through

Making my way
Making my way to you
While I was
Makng my way
Making my way to you, yeah

A lot of beer got drank
A lot of hell got raised
A lot of nights got long
But that was long
Before I saw your face
Now baby I'm holding on
To what I never wanna lose
I took a few wrong turns
Down a couple back roads
But wound up where
I was supposed to

Making my way
Making my way to you
Baby, I've been
Making my way
Making my way to you

Yeah, a lot of beer got drank
A lot of hell got raised
A lot of nights got long
But that was long
Before I saw your face

"I love you so much baby girl. Everything that I have ever done in my life.. every broken heart, every late night that I spent wondering if I'd ever find the one, was just a stepping stone that led me right here with you." I said softly after I finished the song. "I love you, Cole." She said softly. "I love you too, baby girl. I love you so much. Now, you need to get some sleep. You're tired, baby." I stated & kissed her lips quickly. "Ok. You're right. Good night baby. I love you." She smiled and her eyes slowly shut. "Sleep well, beautiful." I whispered & moved over to the couch.
*
Next Morning

Normal POV

"Well, aren't you a sight for tired eyes." I smiled as I opened my eyes & saw Cole reading my medical chart that the nurse must have brought in this morning. "Good Morning, beautiful. How's my baby girl feeling this morning?" He asked & leaned in to kiss me. "I actually slept ok. Still in a little bit of pain, but I'll be fine." I said honestly.

"You are so strong, baby. I wish I could be as strong as you." He smiled. "So, have you heard from the guys yet?" I asked. "Yeah, they'll be here in a little while with your parents." He explained. "Ok." I nodded. "Gosh, I love you so much, baby girl." He said & kissed me quickly. "Hey, I wasn't done." I smiled. "Sorry baby." He apologized and leaned in to kiss me again.

"I love you too, Cole. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone. You are my forever." I smiled as a few tears fell from my eyes. "Someday I'm going to make that official, baby. I just don't want to move to fast for you or your family." Cole promised. "How in the world did I get so lucky?" I asked. "It all started with your amazing audition." He smiled. "I could never thank Luke enough. He opened up two doors for me that day." I said softly.

"You don't have to thank me sweetie." We suddenly heard & we turned to see Luke, Carter, and Dustin at the door. "Hey guys!" I smiled & gestured for them to come in. "Your parents are gonna be here in a little while." Carter informed me & sat down on the couch. "How are you feeling, sweetie?" Dustin asked. "Much better." I smiled and Cole rubbed the back of my hand gently.
*
Cole's POV

The guys and I stepped out of the room so that Hope's mom can help her get dressed, so we decided to go down to the giftshop to get her some flowers & some snacks. "So.. about that conversation that we interrupted.." Luke started. "You guys didn't interrupt anything." I clarified. "Who interrupted who?" Joel asked after he overheard us. "We did, and it sounded like Cole was hinting at the fact that he's thinking about proposing." Dustin cut in. "Well? Are you? I mean, nobody would blame you if you were. Hope is amazing. And we all know how much you love her." Hutch asked.

"I do. I love her so much. That's why I do want to propose, but I'm just worried that she.." I hesitated. "Cole, I don't know when was the last time I saw a woman as in love with a man, than Hope is with you. I wish Lacey still looked at me like that." Joel smiled. "Dude, Lacey loves you more than anything. You know that." I stated. "Of course she does. I love her too. What y'all have is beyond love though. You can't let her slip away, man." He finished.

"I won't. I just want to make sure that I am not moving to fast for her. I mean, no matter what, we're going to stay here, but still.. things are already changing for her career wise, I don't want her to have the added pressure of planning a wedding, plus being worried about the media, & fans talking about her." I explained.

"Yeah, we get that. But not only are you here for her, just in case it all becomes a little too much for her to handle, but we are too. She isn't alone in this." Dustin smiled. "You guys are right. Thank y'all. I think I am ready to propose. The only problem is I don't have a ring yet." I admitted. "So, let's go look at some." Luke said excitedly. "Hang on.. before I do anything, I need to talk with her parents. I need to make sure that they are on board with this." I stated. "That should be a pretty quick conversation. They love you." Chris said. "I guess we're about to find out. Will y'all stay with her while I talk to her parents?" I asked. "Of course." They all said.