05/ To regret or not to regret?

"There's a part of me that wants to take your number."

His gruff morning voice filled the silence. The words stilled me, my head whipped around to look at him, my bra gaping as I abandoned my attempt to redress.

From when I opened my eyes and eased my way out of his enveloping arms I couldn't look his way. I knew that if I had even seen his face, I would have rolled over, buried myself in his chest and slept soundly in his arms. As appealing as the idea was I knew I couldn't delay the inevitable, I'd have to leave eventually. It wasn't something I wanted to prolong, at least then It would ease the pain and guilt I would be feeling after.

As this was the first, and probably the last one night stand I would be having in this lifetime, I had little idea of the does and don'ts. I had wanted to disappear before he had awoken. Ultimately, in hopes of saving myself from this very moment, from seeing the grimace on his face when he realised what he had done. Cheating on a stag night, it couldn't have been more cliché, atleast, his friends had gotten their way. I gulped, both from a dry throat as well as the fear of what words would be leaving his mouth next.

Even though I knew he was there, laying shirtless, as he had been whilst he spooned me through the night, still, the sight of him took me by surprise. Surely, it should have been the other way around, the alcohol improving his looks, instead it had just muted my perceptions of him. His fiancé was lucky, she had bagged an attractive guy with an infectious personality to match. Until him, I'd never felt so drawn to someone I hardly knew, having spent hours simply chatting to him I felt closer to him than I should have.

With a physical intake of breath, my gaze was drawn down, across the plains of his toned torso to where his body had disappeared beneath the covers. The familiar need that seemed to be omnipresent whenever I was close to him reawakened, igniting my whole body in a fire that needed to be tamed.

"Georgie?"

I gulped, and raised my eyes back to his face.

"Hmm," I mumbled feeling blood surge to my cheeks at the embarrassment of being so consumed by his body.

"Last night was great."

"Your stag night, or what happened afterwards" I mumbled, half under my breath.

He sighed, a painful look crossed his face, one that pierced my own heart that it was my words that caused it.

"Even so, I don't want this to be the last time I see you."

I sighed, dropping my gaze to the bed. "We both know what last night was."

I felt the bed shift. Grey was next to me, his hand sought out mine and he placed himself in my eye line.

"Was it just thatthough? I didn't just take you back here for sex. I wanted your company as well, your conversation and your laughter. If I wanted anything less than that I could have made you leave last night but no. I held you close to me, let you fall asleep in your arms. I wanted you, not your body."

"It was more than that for me as well." I admitted, looking down to the bed.

He sighed, taking a pause before he spoke again. "I shouldn't be getting married, not when I can feel like this for someone else after only one night."

The guilt crept through me once again. I bit down onto my lip, frowning. Truth was, I knew exactly what Grey had meant. I was reluctant to leave, to turn my back on something that had been so good, so pleasure-full. It was a give and take, with ever stroke, every kiss and every touch, it was so intimate, careful, as though he was worshipping my body. Until last night, I couldn't have imagined sex to be like that. The feeling ingrained in my memory for as long as I would live. No-one could compare to this.