Chapter 1

My Life

I'm standing outside the house listening to my brothers argue. Stefan thinks I need to hide because Niklaus is coming. Damon knows I can fight for myself. I speed inside and gather my things. They want me to leave so I'll leave. I didn't bother leaving a note because I didn't want them finding me. I don't understand why they'd want me to go into hiding because of Niklaus. I've met Niklaus and his family a couple of times while I was human. Now though I think it's a bad idea for me to see them.

"Damon, where are you going?" Stefan asks.

"I'm going to check on Isa. She's probably heard everything you fucking said and I want to let her know she doesn't have to fucking hide."

I grab my things and jump onto the roof. Not making a sound so I can leave without them following me. I hear the door to my room open and I hear Damon come into the room.

"Fuck. Isa where are you?" Damon asks.

"What's going on? Wait, where is she?"

"She's gone. See, this is why I told you just to keep your fucking mouth shut. No, you couldn't do that so why don't you go back to Mystic Falls."

I hear Damon storm out of the room but I could still hear Stefan standing in the room. I don't move knowing that's what he's waiting for. I hear him leave the room so I take off. Time to find somewhere to lie low until I can face my brothers.

We'd been staying in Portland, Oregon so I decided to head to Washington. I'd been watching a case about a small town chiefs daughter. She'd gone missing and her father was worried sick about her. She was last saw with her boyfriend who is also missing. Riley Biers and Isabella Swan are missing teens and no one has any idea where they are.

Forks, Washington is a small ass town. But, if it kept me hidden from my brothers then I'll stick around. I find myself heading to the police station. I had to make up a story for the reason I disappeared if I wanted her father to believe that I am Isabella Swan.

"Bella?" Someone asks when I walk into the police station.

I'd seen this man on TV and realize that its Forks Police Chief Charles Swan. Her dad and Bella was a nickname for her. She didn't use Isabella but preferred to be called Bella. That'd take some getting used to.

"Hi, dad." I shyly say.

"Oh my god, honey where in the world have you been?"

"Can we talk when you get home?" I ask thinking about how many people are around.

My phone buzzes in my pocket but I ignore it for now. I didn't want to make Charlie thinking I was in contact with anyone. He looks back at the guy sitting behind the desk telling him that he'd be taking me home then he'd be back. I smile because it'd give me time to think of a great lie. I had the same type of car Riley and if he asked I'd lie.

"Isn't that Riley's car?" He asks when we get outside.

"It is. I'll tell you more when we get home. I promise dad." I look at him.

"Alright." He gets into his car.

I get into my car and check my phone before starting it up. I had five missed calls and ten text messages. Four calls and six texts from Damon. Two messages from Stefan. A phone call and two messages from an unknown number. I also had four voicemails from I'm guessing Damon. I put my phone away and followed Charlie to the house. When we pulled up I got out and followed him to the door. He opens the door and invites me inside without me having to compel him.