Introduction

Hi all! So i've recently been put into quarantine due to Covid and realized I have a lot of free time so here is a potential book. i'm still developing the idea but I usually plan as I go along but let me know if you have any of your own! Thanks.
———————————————————

Let's make this straight forward and obvious.
A girl met a boy.
A boy who consumed her, a boy who smelled like a fresh lavender field and felt like silk covers.
He was like a rose, beautiful, daring.
What the girl didn't know was that every rose has thorns, and his thorns were poisonous, ones that didn't come out until the very end, but when they struck the delicate skin of the girl, it degraded her until their very last moment together.

He fell first, but she fell harder. Every time she walked the hallways of their cramped high school, he would look at the way she walked in awe, and yet she walked right past him. The things he would do to be with her were out of reach for most.
"She deserves flowers in her locker every morning, and notes that come along with them, she deserves honesty, loyalty and reminders of her beauty."
These thoughts ran through his mind every second he made one sided eye contact with her. But he just wasn't enough for her standards.

She was ordinary, not through his eyes of course, but through her own. She had everything another girl ever wanted at their age. Envious whispers were heard every time she passed the narrow door to get to class; her eyes, her freckles, her cheekbones, her posture, all matching the beauty standards that society created for this world.
Yet she still found flaws, sharing them was unnecessary since nobody would agree, so she kept it to herself. Every night she would stare at herself in the mirror before bed, tears dripping down her face as she stretches her cheeks out, or fixes her nose, it just isn't enough for her. And her name was Effie.
Effie Grace Adams.

The only thing she liked about herself was her name. It was unique. She loved the sound of her name being called when people needed to ask her something, she loved when she wrote it on pieces of paper to show that it's her property, she was proud.

And his name was Jack Rivers. He was a normal high school student until an incident utterly messed his life up. His indignation towards everyone became violent, causing him to lose everything and everyone. Years passed as he began to regain some of his closest friendships. No-one really knows what happened to him the night he went home after football practice and never attended another session again. To this day, he gets the typical, ridiculous looks as he passes every type of friend group there is in school. The pat that catches us up to speed is when he had no-one, a very special person came into his life, fixing his problems one by one. He just didn't know it yet.

There they are, different little bubbles of people, gathered up together to talk about their similar interests, that's how you begin a friendship, right ? You talk about what makes you happy, basically explain your autobiography, then after some days of gaining trust you begin to open up your darker side. Everyone has a dark side, don't deny it. Well, there was only one person that Jack opened up to fully, the person that made him feel better than just a piece of shit.

And that was Effie.