Chapter 3: Don't leave me!

Keith started avoiding Lance since that day. Lanc already wondered what was going on. At lances 17th birthday Keith didn't even show up. One day Keith went to King Alfor while Lanc was in school

"Keith, how can I help you?"

"I would like to ask if I could quit my job"

Alfor was shocked "Why that?"

"I..." C'mon Keith, you can't just say. I fell in love with your son and kissed him: Think "I miss my family. I would like to live with 'em again."

Alfor began to smile "Alright, a cruiser arrives at Altea today anyway. You can go as the cruiser does."

Keith nodded and went away to pack his things. But the cruiser flew back in the evening, it was about 1:30 pm and Lance were back from school, without even looking in Keiths eyes. He was tired of not getting noticed by Keith. He went to his room to make his homework. As he was there he slammed his homework on his desk and threw his back on the bed. He started to do his homework, but he got interrupted by Allura

"Hey!"

"Allura, I'm doing homework!"

"Yhea, we both know that you'll stop in like ten minutes." they talked for quite some time.

It was 5 pm now and King Alfor entered the room "Lance, did you already said goodbye to Keith?"

"Keith? Why? Is he going on vacation?"

"No, didn't he tell you? He quit. He's going home, he's on his way to the cruiser. So if you want to say goodbye you gotta hurry!"

Lance immediately ran out of the room. Allura followed him. As they were at the cruiser, Keith was about to go inside "Keith!?!?" Lance immediately ran to Keith "Keith!?!? KEITH!?!?" Keith turned to Lance who was running to him with tears all over his face. Keith felt guilty. Allura just watched her brother, then King Alfor came and also watched. (Interesting movie isn't it ?*eats popcorn*) As Lance reached Keith, he grabbed Keith's shirt and pulled him in, to kiss him. Lance broke the kiss again

"You're such a dick. Why do you want to go?"

"I... I love you."

Lance looked at Keith confused "What's wrong with loving someone?" Lance laid his hand on Keith's cheek "I love you too, you dork!"

Keith started to cry, Lance wiped the tears away with his thumb. Keith began to smile and closed his eyes. He grabbed Lance's waist, pulled him to him and Kissed him. "I thought... it would be better for you, I mean I'm a guy. Are you not disgusted?"

"Why should I? Keith... I love you." They kissed again, then Keith waved the staff away, which wanted to ask him if he's coming now or not. "And by the way, I need your help." Lance looked kinda nervous at Keith "What is it?" "I uhh... don't understand my math homework." Keith sighed and went with Lance to his room.

Alfor and Allura went to the bridge. The queen and Coran were also there "Mom! I have to tell you something!" "Allura, how about he tells her himself..." King Alfor sad to Allura, she nodded. Then suddenly the screen turned on and Zarkon, who should be dead by now, gave a speech. Every Galra followed their emperor. The cruiser that was on Altea, which Keith wanted to go with, attacked the castle. Alfor was worried about Lance. What if Keith got this message too and attacked Lance now. Alfor knew that Keith wouldn't hurt Lance because he loved him too much. But he still went to the door, he couldn't go far though. Lance and Keith stood in front of him and wanted to do the same thing.

"What is happening?" Keith asked,

"The Galra are attacking the castle." Allura answered,

"Why??" Lance was confused

"Zarkon told them to." Now Alfor was talking

"Zarkon? I thought he's dead."

"We all thought that but it seems like he is not dead after all." Then the screen turned on again and Zarkon was to see "Alfor, I'll make an offer. Give me the lions and I'll let you and your family alive."

"Not in a thousand years, I won't let the black lion fall into your hands."

"Then you decided to die."

The Galra kept on attacking the castle, the particle barrier couldn't stand any longer and shut down.

"Father, we must form Voltron and end this now!" Allura told her father

"It's already over Allura. We'll send the lions away so Zarkon's not able to get his hands on the black lion." Alfor said goodbye to Allura and she fell in a trance. Coran brought her to the sleeping pods "What are we gonna do now, father!" Lance was unsure what his father will do next. "You're going to the pods to Lance." Coran arrived again.

Alfor continued talking "Keith please bring my son to the pods." Keith nodded and grabbed Lance's hand.

Lance slapped it away "No!! I'm not leaving you alone father"

"Lance, my son you must go! Keith get him out here immediately!?"

Keith picked Lance up, he held him like a bride. Lance was red. As they were in the hallway Keith let Lance down "Lance..." Keith saw in Lance's eyes that he wanted to go back to the bridge. "Please..." Lance looked at Keith now, he sighed. "Fine." Lance kissed Keith "But one condition... come with me. When I wake up I want you to be there too. I couldn't live without you." Keith nodded and kissed Lance again. Another shot hit the castle and they started to run to the pods. Keith pudded Lance into a pod. But Keith didn't go inside a pod as he promised Lance. He went back to the bridge to help king Alfor. Alor was talking to Coran as he arrived "Go and take care of Allura!" Coran went to the door, then suddenly saw Keith. Alfor was surprised too "Keith, what are you doing here?" "I want to help!" "I see what Lance sees in you, you're a good person. But please go to my son and take care of him. He would die in the inside if he wakes up and you were not here. Stand by his side... please" Coran laid his hand on Keith's shoulder to signal him that he should come with him now, and he did. Keith went inside of the pod and he slowly fell asleep. He could hear some explosions before he completely fades away. Then everything was dark.