Who Are You People?

The doors slip open with barely a sound, revealing a high tech looking space. Computers, wires, and other bits of machinery filled the entire floor. There was only a soft, mechanical hum filling the otherwise silent room. Mr. Warfstache walked out of the elevator, shouting out into the room and breaking the silence. I quickly followed him, almost being squished by the closing doors.

        "Googles! Where are you? I would like to introduce you all to the new member of the team!" Warfstache shouted. He seems to be a fan of that.

        It was persistently quiet, Mr. Warfstache opened his mouth to shout once more, but he never got the chance. Without warning, some grabs the back of my shirt and lifts me into the air before slamming me into a wall. The breath was knocked out of me before I had a chance to yell. I'm met face to face with a man wearing a red shirt, a glowing 'G' in the center. The thing that struck me is that he had the exact same face as both Mr. Warfstache and Dr. Iplier. However, now's not the time to think about that.

        His voice came out metallic and cold, "Intruder detected. Counter measures deployed. Elimination in 5, 4, 3-"

        Warfstache cut him off, "Red! Stop it! Put her down."

        The man, Red, stopped counting down, and turned his glare from me to Mr. Wafstache. He didn't look particularly panicked at the situation, unlike me. My eyes are wide open, glancing back and forth between the two men and the hand holding me up against the wall with inhuman strength.

        "We were not made aware of a guest visiting today," said Red.

        Warfstache rolled his eyes in his usual dramatic manner, "She's not visiting, she works here now. It was a spur of the moment thing, y'know?"

        "Does Dark know?"

        "Pfffft, he'll know soon enough. I'm giving her the grand tour now! Where are the other tin cans? I want to introduce everybody so she doesn't get killed on her first day at the Manor."

        I figured now was a good a time as any to speak up, "Um, about that, I was wondering if you could put me down?" I could feel my feet dangling up off the floor and I didn't appreciate it one bit. Red looked back at me before releasing his grip suddenly, causing me to stumble a moment before regaining my composure, "Thank you."

        He turned back to Warfstache, "The other Google's have been notified. I'm not sure this is a wise choice, after what happened to the last one."

        I resist the urge to bolt right then. Who the hell were these people? I was assaulted the moment I walk in the door and I'm fairly certain they killed their last secretary! Is any amount of money worth risking my life like this? I think about my dingy apartment, the packaged noodles I've eaten for the past 3 weeks, and my barely functional car. Fine, the money's worth it. But this is still sketchy as hell.

        I was pulled out of my thoughts with the sudden appearance of 3 other men. Aaaand they all look identical. At least they have different colored shirts. Red walked over to join the new comers. The only difference in their appearance was their shirts, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow.

        "Now listen here! This young person is Sarah-"

        "Sawyer," I cut in.

        "Gazuntite. Anywho, she's the new secretary. She'll do all the things the previous one did, just hopefully for a longer period of time," said Mr. Warfstache.