PART B- HAPPY MARRIED LIFE

"Did you like the cake?" Emily asked trying to make small talk after minutes of dead silence. He ignored her scrolling through his phone. She swallowed then looked at the window watching the city go by. They were sitting in the back of the limousine on their way to Ash's place. She looked back at him when she heard him chuckled; he was sitting across from her with a glass filled with brown liquid and his phone on the other hand. He had loosen his tie and unbuttoned the top two buttons of his shirt. He looked sexy, she hated to admit but Ash was gorgeous and he knew it too. She noticed the car slowing down and then stopped. That’s was fast, she thought. Ash must not have lived too far from his parents; that would explain why he came over on weekends. She looked out the window trying to figure out where they are or why the driver had stopped. The door suddenly opened and Ash stepped out leaving Emily to follow suit.

 "Congratulations. I will bring your luggage up" the driver said. Emily smiled at him. "Thank you". Gina had gotten a new driver to take them back to Ash's place since Tim was off for the day. She followed Ash to what looked like a hotel lobby. She frowned looking around the place; she had thought they were going back to his place but guess not. "Good evening sir" a man in a black suit greeted from behind the desk. He glanced at Emily before addressing Ash "I didn’t know you were getting married sir.".

"You and me both Sam" Ash acknowledged but didn’t stop walking.

The man laughed "Congratulations". Emily walked as fast as she could with her dress brunched up, which was hard since she had heels on, to keep up with his long stride. He stopped at the elevator, pushed the button and they waited.

"I thought we were going to your place" she tried to get his attention. He pinched his nose but otherwise said nothing. He seemed familiar with the place, maybe he frequented the hotel; she just didn’t see how he would live at such fancy building. The elevator came, and they got in; she watched him press several buttons before the cart moved. He moved away from her to the other side. What’s with the distance, she wondered bitterly. Silence fell upon them making the ride awkward. She glanced at him with his back against the wall, head tilted and eyes closed. He looked like he was miserable; she was miserable too with the marriage but at least she was trying. He wasn’t even trying or wanted to; how would they make a marriage work if he wouldn’t even communicate with her?, she thought to herself. Ash was out the elevator as soon as the elevator door opened. She followed behind into what looked like a foyer. He unlocked the door and she got in behind him.

"Wow" she blurted out unable to help herself. The place was beautiful. "You live here?' she asked looking perplexed at her surroundings. He didn’t reply her just walked up the curved stairs taking his clothes off as he went. She looked around feeling out of place. She didn’t know if she should follow him or look around. Before she could decide, the doorbell rang. She walked to the door, unlocked it letting the driver in.

"Here is your luggage ma’am" he said placing the luggage on the ground "Thank you"

"Have a nice night ma’am" he saluted then walked out. She closed the door after him, walked back to the living area with her luggage trailing behind her. She met Ash back in the living; he had removed his coat and tie but left his shirt untucked. She watched him pick a key from the coffee table then was out the door.

Emily figured he needed to get something down stairs or something of that nature. She walked up the stairs into one of the bedroom. She assumed this was the master bedroom since he smelt like him and was huge. His bedroom looked different from the one back at his parent; this one looked more him. Like the bed in his parent's house, this one also sat in the middle of the room but the walls were painted a light beige color. There was a full sitting area to the right with a loveseat and sofa with a small coffee table and a sliding glass door separating it from the bed.  She placed her luggage on the made bed, opened it then pulled the lingerie she bought for this night out.; It was the first thing on her luggage since Gina claimed it was the only thing she needed to wear for the night. She pulled her toilet bag as well then removed her gown and draped it on the bed. She looked around the room searching for the bathroom; she walked on the wooded floor to what looked like a door, opened it but it was the closet. Mmh 'where is the bathroom' she muttered. She walked by a corner and let out a sigh of relieve; the bathroom was tucked in the corner with no door. 'Wow. Talk about no privacy'.