Chapter Two

I figured that somehow this time would be different, because my younger cousin Samantha picked out a fancy school for us to attend.

Samantha's fifteen.

Her parents died in an accident of some sort a few years back. The paramedics called and when Dad asked what had happened, all they said was that it was an "accident". So, from then on, the cause of her parent's deaths were "accidents".

It was totally understandable that Samantha became super pissed for most of the time when she first moved in with us, always finding something to complain about like how we "keep going on vacations like ancient pilgrims" or "why is Cass's underwear on the ceiling fan".

Pardon me, it was one time.

My classmates swapped my water out with vodka once back when we were in New York. I remembered how I had stumbled my way back home clumsily, sitting in my room alone cackling like a crazy cat lady while throwing any stray clothing I could find towards the ceiling to see if they could reach the moon.

I remembered how I screamed "bullseye" when my pink Victoria bra got caught in the ceiling fan.

After that I was on the floor sobbing uncontrollably, making freestyle movements belly-down on the carpet like a majestic sea lion swimming in tears. I was hopeless, I admit. However, I never stopped to wonder how all of that ended up on YouTube.

Meh. I'm glad we moved.

To put things simply, Samantha and I shared the closeness of two sisters, bickering over underwear and whose boobs were bigger (which, of course, always ended up with Samantha emerging as the victor).

Mom pulled over in the parking lot  decorated with trees and well-trimmed shrubbery that made the place look like an intricate maze.

To be very honest, I was intimidated.