Chapter 22: Short but sweet

(Liam’s POV)

I watched as Maya raced around the room throwing stuff into her new purse. My mom mailed it to her and she had just gotten it yesterday. She had fallen in love with it on our trip, so my mom surprised her with it.

“Babe, please calm down,” I pleaded. She quickly turned her head and looked at me. “I’m fine,” she insists. “If you are making Louis babysit me I am going to try and shower,” I sigh as I get out of bed. As I stand up my head begins to spin. Maya must have noticed as she rushed over to help me. I set back down on the bed and she covered me up.  “A shower is the least of your worries right now,” She assures me. I nod and drift back to sleep.

(Maya’s POV)

As Eleanor walked around the mall laughing at the stories we were sharing I couldn’t stop thinking about Liam.  “Are you okay, M?” Eleanor asked me as we walked into Topshop. “Yeah, just worried about Liam,” I sighed. “It’s the just the flu, nothing seriously like the last time,” She assured me.

After we bought everything we wanted we decided it was time for lunch.“Where do you want to go?” I asked Eleanor as we got into my car. “Hmm, I’m not sure,” she sighed. “We probably should take some food back to Louis,” I suggested. She just laughed. We got some Chinese takeout and headed back to the house.

“Do you think Louis would notice that I ate his?” Eleanor asked as we drove home. “Nope, I don’t think he’s that smart,” I joked. “I mean he probably had breakfast,” She mentions. “And he came in with a coffee!” I remind her. “Exactly! How could he possibly be hungry?” I asked her. We both cracked up laughing as we pulled up the driveway to mine and Liam’s house.

“Guys, we brought Chinese!” I hollered as I walked through the front door. “We are in the living room!” Louis called out. Eleanor and I made our way to the living room and I gave Louis his food. “How are you feeling?” I asked Liam as I set down next to him. “I’m feeling better,” He said with a yawn. “If you want I got you some steamed rice and veggies,” I offered. “Well, I can’t pass up free food,” Liam joked as I handed it to him. “Well, about that,” I laughed. 

Louis and Eleanor stayed pretty much all day as we all just hung out and watched movies.

Harry: Are you mad at me?

I had forgotten everything that had happened last night with Harry.  I could see Liam reading over my shoulder. I soon decided to explain to everyone what had happened. “They really text you that?” Louis asked in disbelief.  “Yup.” I said bluntly. Liam set down his food on the nearby end table and stood up. “Where are you going?” I asked him. “I have a phone call to make,” He snapped. “No, Liam, sit down,” I begged him.  “They shouldn’t be talking about this,” He told us.  “Liam, please, don’t do anything, just enjoy today and rest so you get better,” Louis begged. Liam stood there for a few minutes and then turned around to come back and sit down.

Maya: Yes, very so is Liam. You guys had no right to do what you did especially that late at night.

Harry: I know.

Maya: You guys are all family and family should stick together and put each other apart when you guys are not all together.

“Guys, someone is here,” Eleanor told us.  Soon I heard a knock on the door. I stood up and walked to the front door.  When I opened the door Zayn and Harry were standing there. “You guys, please not now,” I sighed.  “Just please let us explain,” Zayn begged. I didn’t want them to but I knew with everything going the sooner the better.

The three of us walked into the living room and Liam stared them down. “Look last night I was not in the right state of mind, I should have never said anything about Maya or you, Liam, I guess I got jealous when you said you guys were engaged, and everything with Perrie just made it worse.  When Harry and I were talking last night I didn’t think before I spoke. I just want my best friend to be happy and be with the person he loves the most.” Zayn explained.

I looked at Liam usually you could tell how he was feeling by the look on his face, but this time I was a bit confused. “Are you going to say something?” I whispered to Liam. He looked at me with tear stained eyes. “Are you okay?” I asked him. Harry and Zayn set down on the chairs near Louis and Eleanor.

No one said a word it was awkward but heart breaking. I scooted closer to Liam and tried to get him to say something. “You have to say something to them,” I whispered. He nodded. “I thought you guys were going to be happy for me no matter what. If I would have known Perrie had just called off your wedding I would have never announced our engagement so soon. Zayn, you should have told us,”  Liam finally said. 

Zayn shook his head and looked back at us. “No, Liam, you don’t understand. This isn’t about me, this is about you and Maya. This is a special time in your life and I shouldn’t be trying to take that away from you.” He said.

I looked over at Harry who looked confused and upset. Louis looked mad at the world and Eleanor also looked confused. Zayn looked like he had betrayed his brother. I stopped for minute before turning my head to Liam. I didn’t want to see his expression, I was too scared to look.

“Maybe we all just need to let this go and move forward,” I suggested. “Sounds good to me,” Liam said. “Really?” Zayn asked caught off guard. “Yes, it was a stupid mistake and I know you are just in a world of hurt and you didn’t mean what you said, so why continue to talk about it,” Liam explained.

 *Well hello there darlings! As you can see I’m back thank goodness it was a terrible weekend trip and I’m so happy to be home! If you follow me on Twitter you probably will see the details there soon. Someone asked me who Gary was that I twitter about, and he’s a my boyfriend and he’s away for work right now so that’s why I’m complain about him never being home anymore. If you are not following me DO IT!  @thatgabsgirl you won’t regret. Only two more chapters until my favorite one so far! XOXO*