Chapter 43: Fam Bam

(Maya’s POV)

When we got home around 1 am everyone was asleep in the living room. There was a note on coffee table.

Maya and Liam,

We have more present wake us up when you get home.

XOXO

The fam bam!

I laughed as I handed the note to Liam. “Should we?” I asked him. “I’m not sure, it’s late,” He sighed. “Do you think they would be upset if we didn’t wake them up?” I asked him. “Knowing them you have a 50/50 chance,” Liam chuckled. “Guys, we are back,” I said. No one moved. I repeated myself one more time, before I turned off the light and headed to my bedroom. “Em, do you have a minute?” Harry asked me.

I looked at Liam who nodded and then went to bed. “Sure,” I sighed. “I need to be honest with you,” Harry sighed. “What’s going on?” I asked him. “I’m sick,” He whispered. “Sick?” I asked him confused. “Like sick sick,” he stated.

(Liam’s POV)

I walked into Aspen’s room to tell her goodnight. When I opened the door I found her and my dad asleep in the rocking chair. “Hey, dad, I can put her to bed if you want to sleep in a bed tonight,” I whispered. He slowly woke up and looked at me. “No, I never get these moments. We’ll be okay,” he assured me. I smiled at him, I knew he was right. Him and mum miss out on many different moments with Aspen and I hate that.  I know my parents cherish every moment they get to spend with her, and I love having them here too. “Okay, good night dad,” I said. “Good night son, I love you,” he said. “I love you too,” I assured him and then turned the light back off and left the room.

I went to see if my mom was awake she usually is when she stays at our house due to my sister’s texting her asking her for pictures of Aspen every five minutes. I was sad my sisters couldn’t come for the party but I understand they have work and such. “Mum, are you awake?” I asked as I opened the door. “I sure am, just got off the phone with Ruth,” she told me. “How is she?” I asked. “Doing okay, a little stressed but you know how she gets,” My mum said. I set down the edge of the bed and just took everything that happened tonight in.

“How is she?” she asked me a few minutes later. “Terrible and I can’t fix this and it is killing me, Mum, I wish I could fix this all of it.” I groaned. “She’s a strong young lady she will make it through,” My mum hummed. “I know, but after everything I have put her through she shouldn’t have to go through this. You have no idea the pain she endured everyday for a year and a half because of me, I honestly don’t get why she stayed with me,” I explained to her.

My mum just looked at me. “Liam James Payne! Maya loves you more than life itself you heard what she said today at the party! She would do anything for you and I can’t let you sit here and think any different!”

(Maya’s POV)

“Are you going to be okay?” I asked Harry after he explained everything to me. I couldn’t believe this, why Harry? He didn’t deserve any of this. “I have to fly home for some test here soon, but I promise I’ll be fine,” Harry said trying to be in high spirits about everything. I just looked at him. His eyes were glossed over with tears and his whole body was shaking, I leaned over and hugged him. “You’ll always be my twin,” I whispered. That’s when Harry broke into tears. “I never meant to hurt you, I didn’t want to tell anyone until I had all the answers but then I missed Aspen’s party and that’s when I knew I had to tell everyone,” he cried. “You can take her out tomorrow and celebrate after Lee and I take her out. You are her favorite, she’ll love it!” I assured him. “You would let me?” He asked surprised.