CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

Although there is a coded alphabetical number hanging on every top of the beige-painted doors, I don't bother to look at the campus map as I approach. The original plan was to make Drake's and mine's schedules the same. Apparently, the bald shithead would not compromise with Drake, and after three hours of heated discussion, they made a mutual agreement that this schedule would only last for two weeks until all of the paperwork gets settled.

Once I confirmed I had reached the right room, I immediately turned the knob without any hesitation. As I stood, the noise inside suddenly ceased, and all eyes turned toward me with a mix of surprise and fear.

Thank you very much, Drake, for allowing me to shine. I am filled with immense gratitude.

I settled into a seat in the back row. To mask my self-consciousness, I delicately rested my palm under my chin. I can't deny that the girls before me were whispering and gossiping about my physical appearance and Drake.

"What was her secret to capturing Drake's attention?"

"She is not particularly attractive,"

"She has a promiscuous appearance,"

"Maybe she employed some sort of sorcery to captivate Drake."

"Drake will likely end their relationship after just one week."

The answer to all of that is that I did not seduce Drake; instead, he persistently trapped me by blackmail. Also, I understand my appearance may not be considered appealing, so what is the point of spreading rumors about me? It was quite unexpected to discover that there are still individuals who hold onto the idea of love spells, and I must admit, I wouldn't mind if Drake and I were to go our separate ways.

I focus on tuning out the distractions and instead prioritize mastering the art of staying alert while appearing relaxed. They kept blabbering their shits until the English teacher eventually entered the room.

She scans the whole room and beams when she sees me.

"Good morning, class."

"Good morning, Mrs. Jenkins." The class greeted simultaneously.

"A new student is in this room. Can you provide a short introduction, Ms. Smith?"

I released a frustrated sigh and then rose from my chair as I stood before the class.

"Greetings. I'm Kelly Smith. I hope we have fruitful academic years ahead," I said nonchalantly.

I also give them a mental flip-off.

"Thank you, Ms Smith. We also hope that we have a fruitful and productive year ahead with you. Please take your seat," Mrs. Jenkins said beamingly.

The teacher proceeded to provide us with the entire introduction for our first lesson. Everything seems dull and uninteresting, as it usually is. I didn't expect Blazing High to be any less tedious than my previous school. However, I have to pretend to genuinely enjoy my stay here since I have no choice. 

As the bell rang, I quickly stood up, gathered my things, and sighed contentedly. As I searched for my next class, I made sure to have my schedule in my back pocket.

DRAKE

I had a strong attraction towards Kelly.

However, I have to wait until the wedding to reveal this information. The instructor of our Science class continued to speak, and I couldn't help but feel restless and eager for the lecture to end.