Chapter 5

Once she got into the kitchen she ran to the fridge and grabbed two apples. She shut the door and grabbed five granola bars from the counter. She shoved all of them into a grocery bag she found on the counter and grabbed her house keys from the hanger and walked to the front door. She was closing the door as her dad finally caught up to her. He said "Sasha, wait!" just as she slammed the front door. Once Sasha was outside she started to sprint in the direction of her best friend, Stacey's, house. Her father swung open the front door to see her bolting door the sidewalk. He started to chase her but she was a track star and he had no chance of catching up to her.

~~~~~~

After ten minutes of sprinting, Sasha finally started to slow down. She was on the block that Stacey lived on. She started to jog and reached her final destination about a minute later. She knocked on the Kennish's front door. Of course Mrs. Kennish opened the door. She was surprised to see a panting Sasha standing in front of her holding two big bulky bags and one grocery bag. She said "Sasha what's wrong?" As she could see that Sasha had been bawling.

"Is Stacey home?" Sasha finally was able to say after a few minutes.

"Yes, she is. She is in her room." She replied.

"Thank you," Sasha said.