Chapter 8

Once Sasha got into her bedroom she closed the door behind her. She grabbed her phone and opened her messages.

She texted her father, "Does she know?"

Her father responded, "No. Do not tell her either."

Sasha thought about what she wanted to say. She finally replied, "Fine. But it's going to cost you."

Her father didn't respond for 5 minutes. He then responded, "Like what?"

Sasha replied with, "You will just have to wait and see."

Her dad didn't reply after that but Sasha knew he saw what she said.

Sasha then changed into her pajamas and went to bed. That night she kept having nightmares of what she saw. She found herself replaying the sounds in her mind. She woke up drenched in sweat and tears. She woke up screaming the second time. And the third time she woke up with a her dad at her side. Smoothing her hair and saying time to wake up or you will be late for school.

Sasha got up and took a shower. She got dressed and did her morning routine. She grabbed her backpack and her lunch money and walked into the kitchen. She have her mom a kiss on the cheek and said "Love you." Then she walked out the door. It was exactly 7:45 the time that Stacey always met her at the corner. She ran to the corner and saw Stacey waiting for her. They walked to school together and got there just on time.

They got through all their classes and by the end of the day Sasha was already forgetting what she witnessed. That was all until she got home. Again she got home early. This time only 30 minutes early. The house was quiet. She kept her backpack on and walked to the kitchen to grab a granola bar. She went to her room to finish her Trig homework. When she was walking past her parents bedroom she turned to make sure that her dad wasn't in there. The bedroom was empty. She was walking passed the guest bedroom to get to her room. She glanced into the bedroom. She dropped her granola bar.