I

I wasn't even sure what happened but all I know is she's gone, and more importantly, she isn't coming back.

Sometimes I look for her in the oddest places, and I see someone that looks like her. Then I realize, I've began to see everyone like her.

My mind is trying to replace her and I'm not sure if I can stop it, I don't want to back away, but I have to, shes made it clear she doesn't want to see me.

When I was younger, I thought that I'd be all alone all my life, not needing anyone to help me through life, especially not a woman. However now all I can seem to do is think of her, and only her.

She was stubborn and mean and rude and bitchy and angry at me all the time, but I loved her more than anything.

"Dude, Calum, did you hear me?" Michael's voice said behind me.

"No sorry man, what was that?" I said, not paying attention to him.

"You're really hung up on this girl, huh?" He smiled a little.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Only to the guy who knew her best." He said, referencing himself. She was his best friend, but when she stopped with me, she stopped with him too.

"What do I do?"

"Nothing." He paused. "There isn't anything you can do. If she wants to be found, you'll find her. You should know this by now."

"I love her."

"I know."

"I miss her."

"I know."

"I need-"

"I know, Calum, don't you think I feel the same? My best friend hasn't talked to me in a year because my asshole friend broke-up with her." He rose his voice.

"It wasn't just me." I mumbled, getting a water out of the refrigerator, and sitting on the couch.

"Oh really? Enlighten me with the details, as though it seems I have never heard the story."

I stayed silent.

"That's what I thought." He said, storming up the stairs, leaving me to get lost.

I listened to the messages again and took in her beautiful voice. The way she greeted me in the beginning, I could tell she'd been crying, and it broke me. I was always there for her when she was crying, and now to know someone else could be the one holding her as she cried made me depressed.

I love her and I feel like the man who watches the woman in the coffee shop through the window, too afraid to change that fact that they're strangers. However he loves her, to death and would sacrifice anything for her, even though, he barely knows her. Now that I thought about this scenario, it wasn't that much different from mine. We'd gone back to strangers, and now I have to work up the courage to change that once again.