Epilouge: A Glimpse of Heaven.

📍Jeju Island, South Korea 🇰🇷

Dear Jennie,

We've lived a tough life haven't we? We've fought some hard battles. We've lost a few people along the way. We've also gained some that were here to stay.

Some days we lost our battles. We'd sit and cry in each others arms or we'd yearn for the comfort of each others embrace.

But today we've won.

Today is the second best day of my entire life. The first one being our wedding day. That was the day you officially became mine forever. The day we vowed to love one another until the end of time because even you and I know we're the type to love one another beyond death.

This is the second because it's our sliver of hope.

We now have a fighting chance of having that forever together Jennie. Our lives will no longer be held back by the illness that is cancer.

Because today we found out I'm in remission.

I've never seen you so happy. I've never seen you cry so hard. And I've never loved you more than I do right now.

You've stuck by my side like you said you would. You promised we would get through it and we did. You told me you loved me and I have never once in my life doubted  it for a second.

If I learned anything in this life I know that one thing is true.

I could've never made it without you Jennie Kim.

From the very beginning you were the only reason I wanted to fight. You were my light when I was trapped in the dark.

There was a day where my heart beat had become so weak that the doctors thought I was dying.

And I was.

I remember seeing the light that everyone had talked about. I wanted to go to it. I wanted to so bad because for once I couldn't feel the burning in my lungs. For once I felt like I could breathe again.

But an angels voice kept telling me not to go. It was begging in a way. It was warm and soothing, despite the fear it held in its tone.

I didn't go to the light because I wanted to keep hearing the angels voice.

So I stayed.

I stayed and that's when I found out that you're my angel Jennie Kim. My saviour. My hope. My everything.

You saved me, and now I'm fine.

Better than fine.

Thank you Jennie. Thank you for saving me. I love you unconditionally. Thank you for being my reason to fight.

Yours forever,
Kim Jisoo.

Her tears slipped down her cheeks, to fall onto the paper in her hands. Heart shaped lips now tasted of salt as a shaky breath escaped them.

Wiping her tears with the back of her hand she set the letter down. Not once did she ever think she would be here.

The eggshell white walls decorated with bland paintings. The flowers in the corner that were slowly starting to whither. The helium balloons that eventually stopped floating.

Looking at the girl in the chair next to her she feels her heart ache. She looked so tired. The red puffiness in her eyes made it clear that she's been crying. The distinct rosy pink on the tip of her nose.