You knew I existed - 1

Since I was a little boy, I've always been inlove with the girl living at the front of our house. I have witnessed her playing with her doll, laughing with her friends.

But once her eyes met mine, I was taken aback and stood here, frozen. I thought that she will be scared of me but I was surprised when I saw her smile and waved at me. It took me a few moments to wave back but unfortunately, her mother called her to get inside their house. My face immediately dropped but before she entered, she flashed me a dazzling smile. Then she retreated. This ofcourse brought a smile to my face and that time was the best moment of my life. That moment when she knew that I existed.

Saturday came and my mother, informed me that we were invited to have a dinner with Mr. & Mrs. Simmons. I have no idea who they are but just gave my mom a nod. I learned that they live across our house, So that means... Yes! We are going to her house! I'm finally gonna meet her.

When we entered their house, it was refreshing. The walls were color beige,there were lots of piled things,a lot of boxes in their living room and— wait,what? boxes? Why are there boxes in their living room? Are they packing? Why? Are they leaving? I hope not.

A box caught my eye and was labled "Elise <3". Elise huh? Being as sneaky as ever, I opened the box and I saw a lot of pictures. Pictures of her. Oh,so her name was Elise. Elise Simmons. What an adorable name for an adorable girl. I viewed some of her pictures. One was she was with her mother I guess. They looked the same but her mother was like the older version. Another one was she was with a boy around our age.I think he's older than us? Maybe he's 10 or 11?  I felt my stomach churn and my mood flattened. Well maybe it's her brother, or cousin. I assured myself. By the time I almost finished scanning,I returned all the pictures back in the box. As I sat down on the sofa, My parents went to the kitchen. Well,maybe chatting with Elise's parents. I don't know.

As I continued looking around, something white under the table caught my eye. I bent down and picked it up. It was a picture. Elise's picture. She was wearing a yellow dress and I think she's on a park or a garden.She's smiling and she looked so...happy. I can see the happiness in her brown eyes. This brought a smile on my face. Just as the time I finished gaping at her picture, I looked up and was shocked when I saw her looking at me. I immediately hid her picture in my pocket.

"Um... Hi?" She spoke to me. I am still completely shocked that she was talking to me.

"Your name is?" She then added when I haven't greeted her back.

"Leon. My name is Leon Deberee" I said in a rush and I'm totally aware that my shyness overtook me.

"Leon.. Cool name.. Oh! I'm Elise by the way" She complimented me and introduced herself.

"Ah. Hi Elise. Nice to meet you" I replied shyly

"Nice to meet you too!" she replied happily

There was a brief silence, a comfortable silence to be exact. She sat across me and stared at me. All I could do was stare back.

"Oh! You are that kid!" I saw her smiling. Her finger pointing at my direction. Her expression was like she proved something right. While I, scrunching my nose in confusion, just stared at her confused.

"You're that kid I see everyday! Everytime I went outside, or peek at my windows,I always spot you near your windows too! You were gaping at the sky, or just looking around, but I swear I feel like you're watching me sometimes... I don't know. But once I caught you looking at me! I even acknowledge you! You're that kid right?" She told me like she was in awe.

"Oh. Um.. Yes that's me." I admitted quietly and I felt my cheeks heated up when she mentioned that she saw me everyday. Every single day I wished that she would see me. And she did. This made me smile. I guess I'm lucky.

She smiled back at me but after a few moments, her expression change and then she frowned. I looked at her puzzled then frowned. I gave her a questioning look. She looked at me again and smiled sadly.

"Well, I guess this is our first and last meeting for the mean time Leon. We're leaving."

As she said they were leaving, this made me shattered into pieces. Oh how long I had wished that we would talk, become friends, and get to know each other. I guess I spoke to soon. I'm gonna miss her face, her smile. Even though we just met today, I would really miss her.

"Promise me that you'll be back." I told her before I could keep my mouth shut. She was utterly shocked. Just like me. I rendered her speechless but afterwards,she smiled sadly.

"I can't promise that I'll be back. But I will try."

This made me smile. Well atleast she'll try.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Is this a good start?

Hey there! My first story ever <3 Thank you for reading! I'm sorry if i don't really write well. Its just my first time and English is not my first language. Well, I'm not good in making A/N but thank you for reading! xoxo

~ Andrea ∞