A Little Fox

Today is finally the day I get assigned a proper Team to work it and needless to say, I'm so excited! I was only 8 years old when I graduated the Ninja Academy and since then, I was allowed to be taught by a Jonin everything that I should know for my standard age and more. This, thankfully, ensured that I could accompany any team of Genins that would be assigned any kind of C-level missions (although I managed to sneak into a B-leveled one as well, thanks to Gai-sensei who fell the easiest to my 'kit eyes', much to Kakashi-senpai's amusement.)

And so, after Iruka-sensei told me about the team arrangements the Hokage did, I was to be teamed up with Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura, for Team 7. What was bizarre, however, was the fact that he wouldn't disclose the name of the Jonin attending us. I suppose it would make for a fine surprise?

Fastening my black forehead protector to my arm, I walk inside the room where all the other Genins were awaiting (not so) patiently for their sensei to arrive. Seeing my favourite person just sitting there, sleeping, I walk to sit next to him, open a bag of crisps, take one, and offer the whole bag to Choji, while I was floating the crisp in Shikamaru's face, trying to wake him up with a gentle voice.

Me: Good morning, Shika~! Guess who's back with -
Choji: BRAND NEW CRISPS! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH, KITSUNE! *nom nom*

Shikamaru jumped in his seat, yelping at the sudden noise done by his friend and with an annoyed expression, he turned to Choji, trying to reprimand him. Choji only laughed and pointed in my direction, which made the lazy boy turn on the other side, only to get wide-eyed realising it was me.

Shika: Yo, Kitsune, long time no see! What are you doing here, I thought you were already far ahead of us.
Me: *shrugs* I've only been doing solo training for the past 5 years, but they never let me join a team until now, despite all my protests. I think they had something special in mind, after all?
Shika: Keh. Wouldn't surprise me, really. These higher-ups are such a drag with their plans...

But just as he said that, Asuma-sensei came in the room and called for his team, the famous Ino-Shika-Cho waiting to train yet another generation.
Doing a mock military salute, I get up and sit between Hinata and Kiba, putting my arms around their shoulders.

Me: Did you miss me?
Hinata: K-Kitsu-chan, I'm so happy t-to see you!
Kiba: Yeahh, it's been a while, eh? Akamaru missed you!
Me: Ah...! Poor baby! Him and Kasai should totally meet again soon. Let's set a meeting -

But before I could finish my sentence, Kurenai-sensei came in the room and called for their team, leaving only my own team to deal with.
Gai, Asuma, Kurenai all have a team...So who is our Team's Jonin? Could it possibly be him...?

Naruto got his head out of the room, looking left and right for out teacher, complaining how he's extremely late and Sakura started arguing with him. Sasuke, as usual, was silent as a lake.
Proving no surprise at all coming from the blond, he set the table eraser as a prank for our teacher, giggling like a school girl, the pinkette was trying to act tough in front of her crush, but it was slightly obvious that she was looking forward to the prank outcome. Only Sasuke scoffed unfazed, explaining how a Jonin wouldn't ever fall for something so puerile and see-through.
I could only sit on the desk with my legs crossed, smirking at them, already sensing an approaching figure.
As soon as he put his hand on the sliding door to enter, the room fell deadly quiet, all eyes on the mysterious person -
And the eraser fell on his silver, gravity-defying hair, making Naruto laugh like a monkey in victory, Sakura trying to apologise like a prude, clearly excited at the outcome, while Sasuke was more or less questioning Kakashi-senpai's skills.

Once again, I could only grin widely at the situation at hand, evidently more than happy at the choice of teacher and once again ready to be on the field.
Kakashi stared at us with his usual bored expression, holding the eraser.