Fire and Water Don't Mix

These days have been filled with lots of fun seeing how Kakashi was an extremely good teacher and I learnt that training as a team is actually great and can prove to be much more efficient, in some ways.
The only difference is that I didn't bother with D-level missions...I already told Senpai that if I see that blasted cat and her even worse owner, I'd go insane.

As I wrapped up a fairly easy delivery mission, where I surprisingly got to meet one of my favourite people in this world, I ran back to the Hokage's office to return the reply scroll and get my next assignment.
To my amusement, however, my Team was also there for their next mission, but Naruto seemed to be sulking, angry, while Kakashi was trying to make him shut up.

Me: What's going on? Have I missed something?
Hokage: It seems that Naruto here thinks he's outgrown the normal Genin missions.
Me: Ah...Let me guess, he had to deal with that cat too, huh?
Naruto: FORGET THE CAT! I'M DONE DOING OTHERS' CHORES WHEN I DON'T EVEN DO MY OWN!
Me: *chuckles* He's got a point, you know. Hey, let's look at the bright side, if you give them a C-level mission they will handle it. Kakashi-senpai is perfectly capable of handling them, and if I'm allowed, I can join too. I think a break from these missions would be welcomed, after all. *grins*
Kakashi: Why are you making my job harder than it is?
Me: Just think of it as strengthening the bonds between our teammates, senpai!
Sakura: That sounds persuading! I like it!
Kakashi: *sighs* What am I going to do with you...

Hokage: Very well. If you insist, I will allow you on a C-ranked mission. It's to escort a certain person.
Naruto: Really? *high-fiving me* Who? Who? A Daimyio? A Princess?
Me: I sure haven't seen a Princess in a while...
Hokage: Don't get so hasty. I'll introduce him now. Can you please come in now?

On the complete opposite spectrum to maybe everyone's expectations, instead of a stunning maiden, an old, cranky man came into the room, glaring at us. Such manners...

Old Man: What? They're only kids! *drinking more* Hey, is the smallest one with the idiotic face even a ninja?
Naruto: *laughing* Who is the little one with the stupid face?
Me: That...Would be you.
Naruto:*realising* I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!
Kakashi: Don't kill the man you're supposed to escort, baka!
Old man: I'm the bridge-builder expert Tazuna.

Sighing at his terrible speech, we packed our necessities and went outside the village to start our mission. Needless to say, Naruto was extremely cheery, saying how he never got out of Konoha.

Me: Well, you sure have a lot to explore. The other Countries are gorgeous as well...But take my word for it, nothing compares to Konohagakure and the Country of Fire in general.
Kakashi: I have to agree with that one.
Naruto: WHAAAA-?! YOU'VE BEEN OUT OF THE VILLAGE BEFORE?!

Me: Why is it so surprising? It was a B-mission I just finished. *shrugs* But easier ones are so much better to relax and make easy money.
Naruto: So coooool! Teach me! Teach me!

Unfortunately, his excitement was obliterated by the pissy old man who started insulting the young blond, saying he wasn't even a real ninja and whatever.

Me: Well, as far as I remember, in order to become a Genin in Kirigakure....Well...The ones who graduated the Academy had to fight and kill each other, only the survivors being granted that title.
Sakura: Wh-What...? So cruel...
Me: *looks up* It was efficient. By their standards, a ninja must only be loyal to his village and complete the missions assigned at all costs. There is no such thing as room for emotions. Those...Only get you killed, after all.
Kakashi: That was the old way of becoming a Genin, but things have changed, recently. They retorted to more humane methods.
Me: Yes, but following that idea, it's clear that our client still lives in those times, going by his philosophy about a shinobi's worth. Makes you wonder who's right and who's wrong, if there ever is such an answer...
Naruto: That's stupid! Stupid, I'm telling ya! And by the time I become Hokage, I-