EAT BY LOOKING - CHAPTER 3

"Now that I think about it, why don't we use this? It's much simpler," Nobita muttered as he looked at the shaker with interest.

"I doubted that Mom agrees with the idea. Besides, since we're going to have a feast, we need to make sure that our stomach's empty first," Doraemon disgress.

"Well, I do wanted to use it a little..." Nobita mumbled while inspecting the device.

Someone called out from downstairs. "Good afternoon! Pardon the intrusion!"

"Oh, we have a guest," Nobita said.

***

"Oh, Goro-san! Welcome!" Nobita and Doraemon greeted the guest at the front door of their house.

Goro-san is Nobi family's relative. He's from the country, and lives alone nearby the university.

"Hi, boys. It's been a long time," he greeted back.

"It is."

"Is Aunt Tamako home?" Goro-san asked.

"I believe she is. Mom! Goro-san is here!" Nobita called out.

They went to the kitchen.

"Moomm..." Nobita called out.

"I bet she's out shopping," Doraemon analyzes.

Then, they came back to the front door.

"Sorry, Goro-san. Looks like she's out shopping right now," Nobita said apologetically.

"Really? Man... I thought I can get some food," Goro-san answered, disappointed.

As if on cue, his stomach churns in emptiness.

"Have you eaten anything, Goro-san?" Nobita asked.

"Well, I've been busy this month... and 90% of my money goes to the rent and stuff so I'm trying to get by," Goro-san answered, twiddling his fingers.

"Well that's unfortunate," Doraemon said in pity.

Nobita's eyes shone with opportunity. "But you come in a perfect time!"

"Huh?" Goro-san asked, confused.

"Let us take care of the food!"

***

Nobita announced: "Here ya go! French Cuisine, Chinese Cuisine and Japanese Cuisine Recipe Books!"

"Wow! Just looking at the pictures makes me hungry already!" Doraemon said excitedly as Nobita 'sprayed' the gas onto the books.

"What is exactly are you doing? I've read all those books, ya know," Goro-san asked, confused by the boys antics.

Doraemon picked up the French Cuisine Recipe Book and said as he gave it to Goro-san, "Now, now. Just sit still and look pretty, alright. First course, the picture of Consomme de Boeuf. What do you think?"

"Honestly, I'd rather eat the real ones... hm?"

Suddenly, the smell of the soup entered onto Goro-san's sense of smell.

"It... it smells delicious... and suddenly my mouth's filled with it!" He declared.

Liquid started to brew onto his mouth as Goro-san opened his mouth. "Aaahm..."

He really enjoyed the flavor as he exclaimed, "Oh my! How delectable! As if I'm eating the real thing! This is the first time I've done this!"

"Glad to hear it!" Doraemon said gladly.