Chapter 9

List of Substitutes:

Y/n = Your name

F/c = Favourite colour

O/n = Online name

<><><><><><><><><><>

((Y/n) POV))

Throughout the next class, I kept asking myself if I had heard correctly. 'I swear Mr Gavin said Daniel was going to help at the Prom... so did Daniel lie to me? Why would he? Does he not want to take me to Prom, so he didn't want me to know?' I jumped as Kawaii~Chan slid a note to me.

"You okay? You seem out of it!"

I waited until the teacher looked away, before writing an answer.

"Yeah, just tired. I'm sure you're excited about Prom, right?"

As I watched her read the note, she nodded enthusiastically. I could just hear her in my head.

'"Kawaii~Chan has never seen so many ships! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"' I smiled to myself at the thought.

The day went on as usual. I met up with Dottie, Rylan and Daniel at lunch, and we all chatted amongst ourselves. I got through the rest of my classes, with Aphmau telling an amusing story about how cupcakes were the solution to everything.

Tuesday was much the same. I felt Daniel was nervous every time I was around, but I pretended not to notice. Aphmau was complaining about how all the werewolf guys were asking her to Prom. I didn't have the time to explain that she was the Alpha Female... I don't think she even knows Aaron is the Alpha Male. I saw Daniel talking to Aaron, Aaron seemed to agree to something. However, he saw me and quickly tried to get Daniel to walk away with him.

Wednesday was where I started to get upset. Daniel was an absolute nervous wreck around me. He hardly said anything. I had come up to Daniel and Rylan having a conversation, but he stopped talking as soon as I approached. I didn't sit with them at lunch. I sat in the English room and studied. Aphmau tried confronting me about my sudden timidness, but I just continued to work. Why was he acting like this? Had he asked another girl to Prom with him? I had tried to come up with another reason, but what else was there?

Thursday. Prom was tomorrow night. Daniel seemed to avoid me all day. And I seemed to avoid Daniel all day. Dottie followed me around, trying to ask what was wrong. Rylan followed Daniel around, seemingly comforting him. I had hung out with Aaron during his free period, which was my lunch. Aphmau had told me that he had asked her to Prom, yet he mentioned nothing about it. Did he know something? I had given up trying to find answers. I just hoped once Prom was over, everything would go back to normal. Well... I knew it never would.

After Prom was Graduation. Aaron would be leaving. According to the others, he was the best Alpha they'd ever had. Aphmau was the first Alpha female to be a freshman and a human. She'd most likely have to pick an Alpha male. And without Aaron around, she'd have to pick an Omega too.

I slid my books into my locker, grabbing the few I needed to take home to finish off homework. There was loud chatter, still mostly about Prom. Which was tomorrow. Someone bumped into me, throwing an apology over their shoulder as they carried on. A book had slid from my hand, and fallen to the ground. It was my Werewolf class workbook. I sighed, tossing my other possessions into my locker, and knelt down to pick it up. A single page slid from inside. It was mostly blank but had a doodle in the top corner. It was the one I had done in my first class. It was a cute little wolf, playing with a ball. It was a basic drawing, one I had done over and over. Yet this one... this one I had lightly coloured in green, with deep ocean blue eyes. I stood there for a minute, examining the drawing. I slid it back into my book, then placed it into my bag. I zipped it closed, then shut my locker. I smiled to myself, the first time in what felt like days.

I was going to talk to Daniel. I wasn't going to let this get in the way of anything. Perhaps all I needed was a little bit of Majiks.

Group Chat: First Fantasy XI

(O/n): Hey guys, we haven't played in a while, you guys up for it?

Shu: Of course!

FC: Yeah sounds good. I've got uh, something on later tonight, mind if we play a little earlier than usual? Maybe around 5?

BorkeD: Sounds good! I feel like we haven't talked in ages. It'll be fun!

I felt a perk in my walking as I turned my phone off, letting my hand drop to my side as I continued my walk home. Maybe I was just overreacting. Daniel isn't the kind of person to go behind my back... yet, it doesn't mean he returns my feelings. Not that I ever gave him the opportunity to return my feelings. I hadn't exactly confessed. But this whole... Prom thing was making it harder than it would have been.

I pushed open the front door, chirping a hello to my mother, who was standing in the kitchen. I rushed upstairs, opening my door and flinging my bag across the room. I got changed, throwing my school uniform in a pile. I put on my pyjamas, as well as a baggy (f/c) jumper. I slid into my desk chair, spinning a few times before finally coming to a stop. I turned on my computer, listening to it whir to life. The monitor flickered on, displaying my background. I entered the password and began setting up for our gaming session. I checked my social media while grabbing a few snacks from the kitchen. I sprawled out on my bed watching YouTube, as I waited for everyone else.

1 New Message: First Fantasy XI

BorkeD: You guys ready?

I opened the notification.

Group Chat: First Fantasy XI

BorkeD: You guys ready?

(O/n): Of course! You guys are always soooo sloooow

Shu: Hey! I have to spend at least 10 minutes staring at my anime poster before I can do anything

FC: Wow, okay. That's weird. I'm ready though 8D

Shu: Shut up! Let's just play!