Chapter one: Maxson King

If someone asked me 'how's my life?' I would say perfect. My parents are still together and fall more in love with each other everyday (their words not mine). I'm the star quarterback with a full ride to any college I want. Girls dream of being with me and guys dream of being me. I mean, who wouldn't? I'm the king, pun intended. I can charm myself out of any situation and into anyone's heart. It's a gift. Really. God graced me with these grayish blue eyes and curly black hair when he decided to put me on this earth. He also blessed me with a strong jawline and a body Johan Hill would sell his soul for. I'm six foot two, lean and muscular. Something like Ryan Reynolds, if you will. Okay, so maybe I'm a cocky son of a bastard (sorry dad but I won't disrespect mom like that) but how can I not be? Like Drake said 'life is amazing it is what it should be.' And that it is.

"Day dreaming are we King?" My best friend Dean sat beside me.
Let me tell you a little something about Dean. Dean is the co caption and wide receiver of central High. We've been Best-friends since middle school, causing trouble where ever we went. He, like myself, is also considered a looker. He's six foot one. Has curly brown hair that's short on he sides, hazel eyes, straight white teeth, and has dark brown skin. See, a looker.
"It's called thinking. Something you don't do."

Lunch just began and, of course, I'm already sitting at the table since I don't actually eat this 'food.'
"But whom needed who to tutor them in science?" He asked.
I know he's trying to prove a point. Deep down in my heart,I know he is. But he makes it so hard to let him win.
"It's ' who needed whom' dumbass. Science isn't my strong point. Apparently English, math, and history isn't yours." I said, shrugging my shoulders.
Any stereotype you have about jocks being dumb, get rid of them. Just take them to that big, imaginary bonfire you have in the back of your mind and throw them in there. To be honest, Dean and I are basically geniuses. We do study together but I have never needed a tutor. Yes, Dean has a higher grade in science by one point. But I'm happy with my ninety-nine and the only reason he has an one hundred is because he's the teacher pet.

"One point, bitch. You are one point above me in those classes. I still have an A plus." He yelled. He's one for the dramatics. I think I may sign him up for the school play. Tempting.
"My straight one hundreds and one ninety-nine don't mess with dumb bitches under us." I say in the best girly voice I can conjure. I straight faced it, I really did. Even gave hella attitude. That is until Dean busted out laughing, causing me to laugh along.
" uh-oh code yellow." Dean pointed in front of us. Bacteria Becky. There's two reasons I call her that. Reason one. You know how you clean something but there's always that one percent of bacteria that you can never get rid of. Yeah, that's Becky. Reason two. I'm pretty sure Becky is carrying some bacteria that you can't get rid of and causes you to burn in places that shouldn't burn. Feel me?

Okay, so let me start off by saying, I'm no saint. I've had my fair share of flings and I'm not one for slut shaming. My motto is 'what you drink doesn't make me piss.' Sleep with who you want. But Becky has slept with most of the football team, excluding me, Dean, and a few other of our teammates. She has also slept with half of the basketball, baseball, and soccer team. All confirmed by her, may I add. Even if it's not true, I'm not attracted to girls that think sleeping around like that is cute. I mean, Becky is pretty. She's a natural blonde, green eyes, a small gap in her teeth. But she's just not my type. Not that I have a type but if I did, she's not it. No matter how many times I dodge her advances. She can't get that through her head. And that's my problem with her. It's like she doesn't understand what no means. One time she found out where I lived and climbed the tree next to my house. I've never been so afraid in my life then the day I heard knocking on my window at two o'clock in the morning. Just to turn around to see Becky smiling like the creepy stalker she is. Is it bad that I thought about pushing her out the tree? She would've been ok. Just a sprained ankle. Maybe a broken leg? Worst come to worst a broken neck but people survive that. Last week I thought about getting a restraining order on her but Dean says and I quote 'Do it and you'll look like a bitch.' I'm not a bitch so I do what any man would do. I avoid her at all cost.