Chapter two: Maxson King

"It's been two days Maxson. Tomorrow is the party and you still act as if you don't want to be my date." Becky pouted. My back was against the wall. No, literally. She had me cornered in an empty hallway. How did I end up in this situation you ask? Simple. I forgot my English book in my locker and when I went to get it, it went downhill from there. As soon as I closed my locker I sensed her. It's true. I think it's a six sense that I was graced with to, you know, survive this she demon. But I digress. When I turned around, there she was. Right in my face and right in my way.

"Look, Becky. I'm gonna be honest with you. You're crazy and I just feel there's someone out there to deal with your type of crazy better than I can. Have you tried a psychiatrist?" I suggested. Becky looks at me and laughs. A sound that is not so pleasant to the ears. Well, at least not mine. I'm sure there's someone out there who thinks her laugh is heavenly. For example, Lucifer's son. The worst part is that I'm really serious about the psychiatrist. God I know you give your hardest battles to your best soldiers, but I think you're giving me to much credit this time. I don't want to fake my death but if I disappear and a Pedro happens to pop up; just let the homies know I'm okay.

"You're so funny," she said straightening out my collar, "My psychiatrist went missing two weeks ago silly." Pause. I'm not going to run past that like she didn't say what she just said. Did she say he went missing? I looked down at her as she smiled at me. I get it now. It all makes sense. He didn't go missing, he left. Could you be proud of someone you didn't know? Because I feel like a mother watching her child graduate. He made it. He got out.

Yes, Becky is pretty. And because the schools dress code isn't strict, she made sure to show that to everyone. My eyes rake down her body as I take in her appearance. She's wearing a black floral shirt that fits her frame perfectly, light blue ,skinny jeans that are rolled at the bottom, and short, black heals. Her blonde hair is curly today, falling down over her shoulder and stopping just below her collarbone. Her makeup is a little to much for my liking but she looks good. Great, even. Just, and again, I say this with my soul, Not. My. Type.

"There you are," A familiar voice said. I look over to see Moon standing a couple of feet from us. Oh, how I never been so happy to see someone in my life, "Mrs. Dan said you need to come back." She said dryly, looking between me and the parasite that attached herself to me.

Becky scoffs as if Moon was the pest.

Yeah cause Moon is the vexing one.

Note the sarcasm.

Moon rolled her eyes and raised an eyebrow, inviting Becky to make a move. Seeing an opportunity, I removed myself from Becky and walked towards Moon. See I have a plan. And honestly, it could go one or two ways. A: I could be like Dean a couple of days ago and end up with a bloody nose. B: I could get Becky off of me for a while and be a free elf like dobby. I'm hoping for the latter. I took Moon in my arms and brought her face as close as I possibly could, without us actually kissing. In this position, Becky will think we're kissing but in reality I'm just looking into Moons' eyes. Was it awkward? Yes. Did it work? Hell yes! After a second I hear a loud bang and the sound of her heals stomping on the ground.

"You can let go of me now. Unless you wanna end up like Dean." She said nonchalantly. I quickly let her go and took a step back. I don't think you completely understand. This girl broke Dean's nose in three places. I don't know if she's auditioning for creed three but I guarantee I'm not going to test her.

I took a minute to study Moons appearance. She's wearing a white T-shirt. On it is a picture of Bart Simpson in the midst of walking with his slingshot hanging out of his pocket. The word savage is in bold letters right were his shoulders would be. Her dark blue skinny jeans has holes in different places on her thighs, giving a little peek of her golden brown skin. Her outfit is tied together with her all white AirMax 90 Nike's . All said and done, this woman is truly beautiful. Down right gorgeous. She has "swag" but also carries herself with a kind of class that interest me. My eyes finally fell to her face. She doesn't seem to have any makeup on. With just lipgloss on, her natural beauty drew me in like a moth to a flame. Half her braids is up in a messy bun while the rest are down, some falling over her shoulders.