Chaper five

(A/N I'll let you know when to play the song)

Maxson King

We got out of the car as soon as I parked. There's people all over the place. In the front yard, the back yard, in the house. Some people have beer in there hands. Others have a red cup, no doubt it's filled with some kind of hard liquor.

Man. Dave was not playing when he said this party was going to be big. Not that his parties weren't always big. His parents are loaded pricks. His dad is a neurosurgeon and his mom is a plastic surgeon. Both of them snobby as hell. They think because they're surgeons they're better than everyone. One thing for sure though, dude had it made and he threw amazing parties to show it. I walk over to Moon and threw my arm around her shoulders.

"Welcome to Florida babe. Let's party"

We walk inside and made our way through the crowd of people. Girls grinding on guys. Girls grinding on other girls. Guys on the wall, probably searching for which girl they wanted to hook up with. Groups of people talking and people looking uncomfortable standing by themselves. Normal party things. I notice some eyes on me and Moon as soon as we walked in. The guys look confused and the girls look jealous and mad, which isn't surprising. I have never went to a party with a girl. Never left with one either. My private life was just that. Private. Me walking in with Moon, matching, was bound to bring confusion and questions. That's what I hated. The fact that people think they have a right to question my life and choices. But I'll be the bad guy when I tell them it's none of their business what the fuck I do and who the fuck I hang out with. I could probably say it nicer but people don't have enough decency to stay out of my business, so why should I care if I hurt their feelings. I see Dean and some of my other teammates sitting on a couch drinking and smoking, what I assume to be weed.

God please don't let this party get busted.  Running from the cops is not fun. They're relentless

Every now and then some of the guys on the team smoke a little, including me. But we never made it a habit. Well. I didn't make it a habit. It's just something I do for a stress reliever.

I walked over to the guys, making sure Moon was right behind me.

"Aye, you made it man." Dave said.

Here's the thing about Dave. He and I weren't close by any means. I saw him for the social climbing idiot he is. He only tries to be my friend when it's convenient for him. I mean, it's always convenient to be my friend but what I'm sayin is he's a snake. One minute he's your friend but let something happened to knock down your social status. Bye bey Dave. I didn't need that negativity in my life so I'm cordial with the guy. And that's only because he's on my team. I believe I don't have to like you. I just have to work well enough with you so we get our job done. Simple as that.

"Yeah. Happy birthday," I said simply. I turned to Dean and dapped him up. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. Tryna figure out which one of these lovely ladies are bout to be blessed with my presence." He laughed.

"I think the word you're looking for is offend, right?" I joked. He flipped me off and I laughed. I suddenly felt a tapped me on the shoulders. I quickly looked behind me to see moon looking at up at me. Off the first glance I could tell she seemed a bit uncomfortable. The way her eyes traveled across the crowd and her arms wrapped around her body told me this wasn't her kind of scene. But she hasn't said anything yet so I was going to keep quiet also.

"I'm going to get a drink." She said.

"Alright. I'm gonna be right here," I told her. "Also if it's already poured don't drink it. And come right back."