Chapter 15 - The Awakening

Reader's Pov:

Eren and I were in the room that Levi was resting in. It's been a couple days since the accident. Since our father's passing. My coronation has been pushed back another week due to his passing and Levi's condition.

I was sitting in the chair that was next to Levi's bed while Eren was leaning against the wall. I was holding Levi's hand in mine and hung my head, my eyes squeezed shut.

I haven't slept since the accident. I've either been crying or keeping an eye on Levi. I'm sure it's noticeable.

"(Y/n), you need sleep." Eren said. "That's the pot calling the kettle black, Eren." I said, looking up at him. He had bags underneath his dull, green eyes.

"Call Mikasa here, the coronation won't be for another week, now. It'll be good for you to see her again." I said.

He smiled sadly at me. "Thanks, will you be okay?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine." He pushed himself off the wall and ruffled my hair before exiting the room. I sighed before turning my attention towards Levi. "What did you do to anger Erwin like that, Levi?" I asked as I put my forehead on his hand.

"I defended you, it's my job, after all."

My eyes shot open as I sat up to see his slowly open. I felt tears begin to surface as I felt him squeezing my hand. "Levi.."

"What am I doing here? This place is for wimps like those newbie guards." He said. I giggled and crawled into the bed with him. I sighed in content as I wrapped my arms around him. "Thank god you're okay...I don't know what I would've done if I lost you too."

"Oi, what's all this crap about losing me? I ain't going anywhere." He said as he pulled me closer to him. I sighed. "I know it's just...my father died a couple days ago.." I said.

I swear I heard him stop breathing for a moment before he squeezed me to his body. "I'm so sorry for lost." He said. "Thanks. I know he was close to you, too." I murmured as I clung onto his shirt.  "Yeah..." He responded.

Sorry that the chapter was so short!