What's The Deal?

Jennie awoke to a small ray of sunlight filtering through the curtains. Her hands came up with nothing but her sheets, which had her frowning because if her memory served her right, Lisa fell asleep in her arms at some point during the night, and she passed out when she had only intended to grant her eyes some rest.

"Lisa?" Lena whispered, voice somewhat hoarse and sleep-ridden. "Lis?" she tried again, a tad louder as she peered around her room, only to conclude Lisa wasn't there.

A pit formed in Jennie's stomach. Perhaps Lisa woke up throughout the night and left in a panic. God, she should have stirred Lisa, especially if she thought back to that day they lost track of time, and Lisa hurried out the door because her sister would kill her.

If she thought she did Lisa a solid by letting her rest, she was wrong. Jennie realized it was selfish, and that she only did herself a favor. At that moment, it had felt right to hold Lisa after they were intimate together.

Her room was on the warmer side. Nonetheless, a gush of cold air hit Jennie as she pushed her sheets aside, and slipped out of her bed. She hoped her friendship with Lisa wasn't ruined beyond repair because she would rather have Lisa in her life as a friend than not have her in it at all.

The second Jennie stepped out of her room, she noticed something was off. Irene said she wouldn't be back until Sunday, and since it was only Saturday morning, her best friend couldn't be behind why the scent of pancakes filled her nostrils. That and Irene didn't have a habit of making such breakfast. Hell, during the weekends her best friend often slept in until noon.

Jennie tiptoed as quietly as she could toward the kitchen to quell her curiosity. She stilled in the doorframe, eyes sparkling while she observed Lisa flipping a pancake. From the looks of it, Lisa was wearing one of her shirts. It was a black one from Dua Lipa, which she picked up at a concert she went to with Irene a couple years ago.

Lisa's bare legs were on display. The shirt was barely long enough to cover her underwear. She swayed her hips while she hummed a melody, singing a few words here and there. With a flourish, she placed the pancake atop a plate filled with several more.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Lisa said with a chuckle and a smile the moment she noticed Jennie. "I borrowed one of your shirts, and I figured I'd make breakfast to apologize for falling asleep. I hope that's okay."

Jennie stretched her arms, yawning as she padded into the kitchen. "Morning," she murmured, rubbing her eyes. "You didn't have to go through all this trouble for me, silly," she told Lisa with a smile.

"Hmm no, but I wanted to, so you'll just have to deal with it."

Jennie guffawed. "Are you sassing me now?" she replied, snaking her arms around Lisa's waist, tickling her sides, smiling again as Lisa squirmed in her embrace. "You better not burn those pancakes."

"Said the one who trapped me in her arms," Lisa quipped.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you need a hand?"

Lisa's eyes flicked down to Jennie's lips.

Jennie slid a hand into Lisa's hair. Her heart fluttered at the thought Lisa was thinking about kissing her. She was happy Lisa actually stayed, but she was also surprised why she didn't leave as if something was on fire.

Jennie contemplated her words for a moment, deciding to say something along the lines of 'you're still here' sounded cold and as if Lisa wasn't welcome. "I can't believe you stayed long enough to make me breakfast," she whispered with a light chuckle, eyes lighting up when Lisa smacked her lightly on the arm.

"You're not going to be in any trouble will you?" Jennie questioned, voice laced with concern. She carded her fingers through Lisa's hair, hoping there would be no backlash because the last thing she wanted was for the girl she loved to get problems, let alone because of her.