Chapter 1

His hands all over her. His body crushing on hers, she could feel it all. But something was wrong, something was missing. As he brought his lips down to hers she started kissing back murmuring "Damon..Damon.." Into his warm mouth. Then suddenly she realised what was missing. It was reality, and with that she woke up gasping for breathe and looking around startled. Taking a breath she realised she'd been dreaming again, forgetting the pain that encompassed her and remember only of the good times, the happy times when she loved Damon and he loved her, the times when he was alive and so was she, for now, all she felt inside was dead because Damon was gone and dead and there was nothing left inside of her. Tears escaped her eyes as she looked around the brown wooden room of Her Whitmore College dorm room, glancing at Caroline's body still as dead, as she slept through Elena's quiet sobbing tears. Glancing over to the other side of the room there she saw lay Bonnie's empty bed, another reminder of another person so close to her she'd lost. She stood up and moved over quietly to the mirror, desperate to not wake up Caroline as she knew she was hurting too, over Bonnie. She glanced in the mirror at her tan skin and big brown eyes, her hair messy and tousled, nothing about her looked healthy as she hadn't been feeding properly. "It's okay, it's going to be okay, he's coming back, they're both coming back." She whispered to herself in the reflection. Studying herself she realised there was something behind her blurry, it was, no... It couldn't be... "DAMON!" She screamed whirling round to realise it was just her mind playing tricks on her and he was gone and not there with her. "Elena??..." Caroline woke up as she crumpled to the floor howling with floods of tears. "Elena it's going to be okay." Caroline whispered.