Chapter 7

It was torture watching her. Damon felt pain as he watched the woman he loved, Elena, cry over him and grieve his death. Nothing felt worse than being able to see someone and so desperately wanting to hold them and speak to them while they couldn't see you at all. Damon raised his head from his hands and looked around at the place he and Bonnie were stuck. It was a version of mystic falls but instead of how it was in real life, it was abounded, grey and everything was gloomy and dusky. It was like being trapped in a parallel universe while you watched the ones you loved live their lives. Bonnie had been working for months on finding out where they were and how they got out of here. Although Elena wasn't in Mystic Falls, every time someone mentioned Damon he would end up standing right beside them so he could hear every word they were saying. When Elena was in her dorm room last night crying her eyes out and remembering Damon he was transported there within seconds, he reached out to her and after hearing her muffled cries for so long he finally broke through. Elena knew he was there, and although she couldn't see how happy that made him he couldn't stop smiling as she called out his name. It took all his strength to give her a sign he was there and he finally did it. To give Elena hope was the only thing he wanted. No matter how long t took him and Bonnie, he would make his way back to her, he promised. Sophie had told his friends of her plan and although Damon hadn't seen her in years and didn't trust her one bit, as he stood there with them all, invisible and listening, he started to believe Sophie's words along with his friends. As long as Sophie wasn't lying, Damon had sworn he would make sure he thanked her as soon as she brought him back. "Damon, are you here?" Damon heard Elena's muffled voice call and within moments he was right there beside her. She had just awoken and looked like a goddess already. "I'm right here baby, I'm right here." Damon whispered because although he knew she couldn't hear him, he wished she would know he was. After five minutes he finally knocked a hairbrush off her dressing table and she smiled her eyes wide. "I love you." They both whispered.