Chapter 12

Everyone gathered into elena a small clearing in the woods just outside Mystic Falls, the exact place Bonnie had last been seen. Elena was chewing on her lips and trying to keep the tears from her eyes because her emotions were overflowing, she felt drained and sad and scared and excited all at the same time. If it didn't work she didn't know what she would do. Caroline stood closely to Stefan and they both looked reluctant and unhappy about what was happening. Tyler also stood and Jeremy leaned against a tree. Alaric stood near elena trying to comfort her and Matt stood with his arms crossed trying to put on a brave face but elena could tell he was just as scared as her. They all needed Bonnie and Damon back. Alaric needed his bestfriend. Jeremy the love of his life. Elena her soulmate and her bestfriend. Caroline's bestfriend. Stefans brother. Matts close friends. Tyler's close friends. They all needed them here. This may be ther only chance. This had to work. "Okay, were ready to begin." Sophie said as Cynthia started chanting and the sun started to set. Elena held her breath and closed her eyes, listening to the hocus pocus the witch was mumbling. She'd seen bonnie do spells before and when she sounded like she was struggling or her nose bleeded it meant the spell was tough. Bonnies grams had died from a spell that was too much for her, she barely knew Cynthia but she hoped it wouldn't be that tough since she was doing them the biggest favour they could ever ask of someone. After 7 minutes exactly, elena was timing, Cynthia started to struggle, her nose began to bleed and elena felt more scared than before.

Damon watched all his friends, his drinking buddy, his soulmate and his brother gather round Cynthia, a witch willing to do the spell. Sophie was here, why was Sophie here?? Damon hoped and prayed it would work. Bonnie was at his side and they were holding hands in unison praying inside that this spell would bring them home. They knew that for the spell to work they had to push through while Cynthia pulled. What if it didn't work?? No Damon couldn't think of that right now he was so close. He had to get home to elena. He had to tell her how much he loved her he had to.

After 12 long minutes the spell was almost complete. Elena began to cry, tears dropped down her face pouring out of her eyes while Alaric lay a comforting hand on her. She looked around realising all her friends were also either scared looking or crying too. Sophie glanced at elena and tried to shoot her a comforting smile. Elena didn't understand why Caroline and Stefan were so distrusting of Sophie, she had been nothing but genuine to elena. Maybe she had a rocky past but who didn't? Her soulmate, Damon had the rockiest path and history ever and she still trusted him with her life and loved him with all she had. It had been 14 minutes now and Cynthia started to shout out the last words and then said "Damon Salvatore and bonnie Bennett come forth to me, hold on to me." Over and over again. "Hold on." She chanted for 30 seconds straight and then she collapsed. But there was no bonnie and Damon. "WHERE ARE THEY?" elena screamed and started running around through the trees. "ELENA STOP!" Alaric called after her. She turned back looking at all her friends as they watched her break down. "Where is he Alaric? Where is bonnie? Where's Damon, I can't live without him Alaric don't you understand. Don't you all understand I NEED him I NEED to see damon I can't do this anymore!" She screamed and fell to the floor, tears engulfed her as she sobbed and sobbed. "Hey, I'm right here Elena." Damon said and layed a hand on her shoulder.

Damon knew the spell had failed as he watched everyone break down. No one could see him or Bonnie. Bonnie stood beside Jeremy looking heart broken. He reached a hand out and mutter to elena that he was here right now for her, and then she looked at him.

"Damon? Damon?!" elena shouted. Damon stood up and looked at everyone as they glanced between him and bonnie gaping at them. As if they'd just come back from the dead. Which they had. "DAMON!" Elena screamed and grabbed him, crushing her lips to his as she felt the passion pour back into her. The spell had worked, she was with Damon, she was kissing Damon. "Elena, elena." Damon muttered over and over between deep heated kisses with his lover and soul mate. Elena pulled away and nodded, tears dropping down her face while she smiled and more tears filled her eyes. "Your finally here Damon." She said and kissed him again. She turned around to see bonnie and Jeremy embracing in the same way. "Bonnie! Your home now." Elena shouted, bonnie pulled away from Jeremy and ran to elena and Caroline joined them as the three girls hugged, elena still holding damons hand afraid to let him go incase he was gone again. She looked at Cynthia who was awake now and Sophie and mouthed the words "thank you."

THIS IS THE END CHAPTER. Hope you all enjoyed, thank you for so many reads and favourites and comments, I will be starting a new story soon so please please make sure to read. Love you all. Thanks for the support.