Chapter 5: Thane

After leaving the doors of Dragonsreach, the dragonborn walked towards the Drunken Huntsman. Upon entering he saw his companion, completely drunk on the counter while waving around a bottle of argonian blood wine. There were only three people, the bartender, Kerl and a redguard. He approached the bar and sat down.

"Don't mind the drunkard." He simply said as he wiped a goblet.

"Marvous, you meanie... *hic* You better not be dead... *hic* You haven't fulfilled your promise yet... *hic*" she muttered in a slur but was understood and only heard by the dragonborn. He smiled at her then looked at the bartender.

"Has she paid yet?" He asked. The bartender just shook his head. Marvous then dropped a bag of gold.

"500 septims. That should cover it." Marvous said at the surprised bartender who only nodded quietly at the dragonborn who picked up the drunken nord woman in a princess carry.

Once she rested her head, she fell completely asleep. The dragonborn just smiled at her as he carried her to his new house. As he entered, he was greeted by his housecarl.

"Good evening, my Thane." She said before looking at the woman in his arms then glared but tried to hide her jelousy.

"I see you have brought a guest." She said while hiding her annoyance in her voice.

The dragonborn noticing this, he smirked before nodding her off and walking up the stairs passing by the Children's and Lydia's rooms. The man then reached for the door and placed Kerl gently on the bed who suddenly hugged him making him lose his balance and fell to the otherside of the bed.

The dragonborn just looked at the beautiful sleeping face in front of him as he stroke his hand across her cheek, a slight chuckle escaped from his mouth.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself, my Thane."

A voice said from the doorway. Marvous sat up on the bed and proceeded to remove his iron chestpiece.

"You're jealous, I presume."

He said as he removed his iron boots and replaced it with a pair of fur shoes.

"Of course not, my Thane."

She said as she pouted. The man just smirked and removed his iron chestplate making his housecarl blush. He then put on a normal set of clothes apart from his leather pants.

"I'm going to the market for a bit."

He told Lydia as he pulled out a leather cloak from his dresser and put on his hood hiding his eyes and nose. The housecarl nodded as the man headed downstairs towards his alchemy and enchanting room and headed up the ladder towards the top of his tower.

He then went onto his telescope to see if any vampires have broken through the gates. He gently glided down from behind the tower, where the least people are. He also has the ability to change his voice. He went with a low, deep voice almost like an old man's.

He walked towards the direction of Carlotta. Luckily, she was just about to close up shop. Marvous sneaked towards her back with a finger pointed at her back. When she felt his finger, she froze in place.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

She said panicked.

"Miss me?"

The man behind her said with his deep voice. Carlotta just  raised a brow.

"Shh... Let's talk somewhere... More private."

He said in a hushed tone. The woman, fearing for her life, obliged. She didn't notice the man pressing a finger on his lips towards Ysolda, whom he had helped before. The two walked inside Carlotta's house. There, he saw Mila playing with her dolls. The child looked up and saw a familiar face with a finger pressed upon his lips. Mila realizing this played dumb.