The Rise Against All; Ch. 2

Chapter 2; After the First Encounter.

~~~MasterMine’s P.O.V.~~~

 I trudge back into the Team Hybrid base, I was exhausted. I’ve never done so much running in my life.

 MasterMine!” I hear CCD yell, sprinting into the room. I flinch as she wraps me in a tight hug.  “You’re back!”

 I struggle to breathe, and gasp for air when she finally let’s go. “Yup!” I gasp, shaking my head. The Ender-Ice Dragon had a tight grip. “I just went to do some parkour…”

CCD tilts her head. “This late?” She asks, her purple eye gleaming with curiosity.

I shake my head at her question, smiling to myself. “I was determined to finish the course.” I shrug and push past her, seeing the rest of the team- except for MMX- sitting on the couch of our living room.

I frown and sit on the left side of the couch, avoiding the rest of the couch which was taken up by the girls. They were watching a funny movie, and I stared at the screen.

Soon I hear the front door slam open in the other room, and everyone jumps. “I hate this!” MMX’s voice rings through the house as she slams the door, making something fall over in the next room.

Merlyn shrinks into the back of the couch, wrapping her arms around her legs and pulling them to her chest. “Here we go again…” She murmurs, and I sigh.

MMX storms into the room, her mask pulled down and hanging around her neck. I could see the cuts on her cheek, and remember seeing her fall. “I was chasing the same freakin outlaw on the  apartment building’s roof- and OF COURSE a brick had to be loose, so I tripped and fell. RIGHT ON MY FACE.” She cried out- putting her hand up to her face.

Minesis growls. “Jeez, calm down!” She exclaims, throwing her arms in the air. “We were watching the whole thing!”

MMX doesn’t move, just running her fingers over the small wound. I shake my head at her stubbornness and hold out my hand. She stares for a second the reluctantly walks over, gripping my hand and sitting down heavily next to me. She immediately snuggles into my side, gripping tightly onto my arm.

Everyone stays silent as we finish watching the movie, another one playing automatically and we sit in awkward silence.

“Anyone want something to eat?” Bnemesis asks, standing up suddenly. Merlyn and Taryn fall to their side with the sudden movement, and don’t bother to sit back up.

“Ya,” I say, shifting slightly. “How about sammiches?”

Bnemesis’s eyes light up at my statement and she giggles. “SAMMICHES!” She yells, running into the kitchen. All of the girls laugh and I smile, returning my attention back to the TV.

Bnemesis runs back into the room, a few plates stacked on her arms with ‘sammiches’. “WHO WANTS- No! Why are they sleeping?!” She whines, jumping in frustration.

I laugh, looking at the room of sleeping teens. Taryn was lying flat on her stomach on the right side of the couch, feet resting on Minesis’s back. Merlyn was lying on her back- on top of Taryn, snoring quietly.

Minesis managed to curl up in the middle of the couch, her fluffy tale wrapped around her own legs. CCD was lying flat on the couch, feet on Minesis and back resting on MMX, who was sleeping on my shoulder.

Bnemesis whines, jumping again. “GUYS WAKE UP!” She yells, a smile on her face when everyone jumps awake. Merlyn screams, rolling off the couch. She grabs Taryn and pulls her down, who grabs Minesis and drags her down too.

CCD laughs and sticks out her tongue to those on the ground, but is soon dragged down too, not long after so am I and MMX.

“Bnemesis I’m tired~!” Taryn whines, flopping back down onto the dog pile.

“To bad!” Bnemesis says, throwing a sandwich at the group. “FOOD. NOW EAT IT.”

~~~Bnemesis’s P.O.V.~~~

After a while of laughing and eating, everyone heads up stares. I follow tiredly behind, trudging into mine, Merlyn’s and MMX’s room. We have the second floor of the house, CCD, Taryn and Minesis have the third, and MasterMine has the forth.  We decided to give him the fourth floor after dragging him into Team Hybrid which was only girls.

I giggle to myself at the thought, and then throw myself into bed. “NIGHT EVERYONE!” I scream.

“Night!” MasterMine.

“Night, G!” Minesis.

“Bnemesis be quiet!” Teryn.

“Night bby I love you!” MMX.

“Go to sleep already!” CCD.

“Good night!” Merlyn.

I smile to myself and snuggle up in the covers, dreaming of the next time all of us would capture a bandit...

Together.