ONE

The evening started as every normal concert evening at his favourite bar, called Denny's, in a small town near Toronto. Everything went pretty well, he played his usual music and a couple of new songs that he'd recently written. Only him and his guitar on the tiny 'stage', that actually just looks like a little plateau across the bar chairs. He truly loves it.
"...so take a piece of my heart and make it all your own, so when we are apart you'll never be alone, yeah you'll never be-" UHM holy damn shit. Nearly dropping his guitar he desperately tried to bring his thoughts back to the lines he probably should be singing after finishing the chorus. But nope, all he could see was her. He'd never seen her before, and how could he have overseen her? Redly brown hair down over her shoulders. - Shit. Did he just miss out a line? He didn't care. - Whilst ending this song he decided that this was the last one for today, he really needed to cool down. His eyes wouldn't stop searching her behind the bar, although the smoky air made it almost impossible to identify anyone in here.
" Thank you for having me, have a nice evening everyone.", he said, finishing his performance. The audience still applauding, he already went into the 'behind-the-stage-changing-room' and quickly layed down his guitar in order to get rid of his flanell. Pulling over the shirt he suddenly held in to listen - was that a fucking moan? "Henry, are you in there WHAT the actual fuck"- he opened the toilet door and found his best mate Henry (aka the guy who accidentally fucked the whole highschool cheerleading team at a party ignoring the fact of being gay) making out with another barkeeper. Jumping away from each other like drunk kangaroos, now staring at him: "SHAWN BRO what the damn shit are you doing here it's not even 11:30?!" - "I know I didn't feel well so I finished earlier today..."
Shawn still standing there, facing Henry with that "Bitch I told you to stop making out in ma toilet"- look on his face, the barkeeper picked his things up very quickly and sprinted over to the door. "Bro your shirt...", Shawn yelled over at him before he almost closed the door. Catching his shirt with his left hand, pointing at Henry with his right one, the barkeeper whispered "Call me babe", over to em, just before he left. As the door had closed completely Shawn glanced over to his friend, rolling his eyes. All he earned was a shoulder-lift and a simple "He cute...Wanna have a drink?". Not waiting for an answer Henry left the toilet, heading over to the door that leads to the bar, Shawn following him the next second.
A couple minutes later they already were sitting in front of the bar, Henry ordering. Now waving at Shawn "Brohooo, u there? Whassup - never seen u like that before. You okay?". Shawn now clearing his throat "Uhm yeah, I...just got a headache I guess. Sorry... By the way... Did you hear of any new barkeeper?" Shawn asked, trying to sound as random and normal as possible. Actually him and Henry were always honest with each other but this time - he couldn't deal with all of those feelings swirling around in his stomach. "Yeah that's the niece of Mr. Dennart, I guess he mentioned her yesterday. She started helping out here for the summer. I forgot her name...She cute, huh?", Henry answered with a nasty smirk on his face. But he soon noticed that Shawn wasn't even listening anymore. Henry turned around, now facing the bar, and immediately found the reason for his dear friend ignoring him. "Bye guys, I'm off for today, see you tomorrow!", the above mentioned girl told the remaining barkeepers, just walking out of the 'only staff' door.
Twenty seconds after she had left, finding her way trough the filled tables, Shawn dropped his head into his hands and sighed, whispering "Oh damn".