FOUR

"Oh lord why don't we have a dishwasher, I highly recommend such a thing to you, my dear uncle" Lina groaned, rolling her eyes, trying to get a cup full of dried coffee clean. "As long as Shawn isn't a world famous star and our bar doesn't get floated by a thousand girls per night we don't need one honey.", Mr Dennard responded, his voice drowning in irony. "Very funny", she giggled and tried to loose that thought her uncle has just gotten into her head.
As he walked past his niece to put some plates on the dryer he layed a hand on her shoulder, still smiling: "Aaand i luckily got you now."
Later that evening, as the bar filled itself more and more, Lina just taking a little break at the counter, Henry finally showed up. Today's shift actually was his one as well, and the dozen try's of her trying to reach him earlier failed. He came through the staff door at the back of the bar. Lina, gazing over to the the man she barely knew yet - like everyone, as she has just started working here- suddenly froze as she saw his face: "Henry? is something wrong? You look like you're going to faint any minute."
"He's...he is...he almost -" Mr Dennert, who had just entered the kitchen, took him by his arms and lead him to a free chair at the counter.
"Now - take a deep breath and tell me what happened and who you're talking about.", he tried to calm the young man down. As he took a sip of the water Lina just got him, he started again.
"Shawn. His mom just called me. He had a car crash. They had to...", now his voice cracked, „...they had to put him into coma." - "They did WHAT?", all of a sudden, every face in this room went pale. After all shawn was known and liked by everyone in this bar, especially the staff.
"Please, I need someone to drive me there. NOW. I had a few drinks, I can't drive, I need someone to drive me to the damn hospital!", almost yelling, Henry now cried.
„I'm gonna drive you. Get your jacket - we're leaving" Lina took her keys and ran towards the door.