Chapter 1:

Chapter 1:

I ran my flat iron through my hair once more making sure it was totally straight.

"Mummy!" My three year old daughter, Ashlyn, yelled running into my bathroom.

"Hey Ash!" I said lifting her up and spinning her around and she exploded in giggles.

"Mummy I got dressed all by my self!" She exclaimed and I looked over her outfit which consisted of her favorite The Little Mermaid shirt that had Ariel and flounder on the front with pink shorts.

"You look gorgeous baby," I said kissing her cheek. "How about I fix your hair for you." I grabbed her purple hairbrush and started to untangle her brown curls. After braiding her hair down her back we went into the kitchen and I poured her a bowl of Cheerios.

"Good morning!" I said enthusiastically as my bestfriend and room mate, Callie walked into the kitchen.

"Ugh," she groaned "what time is it?" She asked resting her head on the counter.

"Almost 8."

"I'm going back to bed," she yawned and retreated back to her room. I laughed at her immaturity and picked up Ashlyn's bag.

"You ready for school Ash?" I asked and she nodded. I grabbed a bottle filled with juice out of the fridge and picked up Ashlyn.

Once I parked my car in the preschool parking lot I unbuckled Ash and walked her into her classroom. I put the bag that had an extra change of clothes and her favorite stuffed animal which was a stuffed unicorn named Sam, into her cubby. Ashlyn immediately ran over to play with her friends.

"Bye Ash," I yelled, blowing her a kiss which she caught causing her to giggle. I walked out of the room and started for the door.

"Ms. Weatherly?" One of the office ladies said.

"Yes?" I asked turning around

"Your tuition for this month is due." She said

"Ok, thanks." I said walking out the door wounding how I would pay this months considering my part time job at a local coffee shop hardly pays my rent. I started the car and drove back home.

***

"After we pick up Ash can we stop in my work so I can get my paycheck?" Callie asked while fiddling with my cars stereo.

"Yeah, that's fine." I agreed as Callie started singing along to a song I had never heard.

"Do you want to wait in here while I get her?" I asked and she nodded. I walked into the school and watched from the doorway of the classroom as Ashlyn played dolls with another little girl. She looked over my way and ran over to hug my legs.

"You ready to go?" I asked and she nodded grabbing my hand. I grabbed her bag and headed out to the car.

"Did you have any accidents today? I asked as I buckled her seatbelt.

"Only one at nap time." She said proud of herself.

"Good job!" I smiled. We pulled up to the mall and I parked the car and unbuckled Ash.

"This will only take a minute" Callie said before walking into the forever 21 she worked at.

I sat down on a bench and let Ash play in a children's area. I pulled out my phone and started to play flappy bird after dying multiply times I looked up as Callie sat next to me.

"Wait where's Ash?" She asked looking around and I jumped up and grabbed my purse. I walked into the play area and Ashlyn was no where to be found.

"What if somebody took her?" I asked frantically almost in tears.

"Kenz we'll find her." Callie said surprisingly calm. I took deep breaths to try and calm my self down.

"That's her!" I heard Ashlyn yell and I turned around quickly to see Ashlyn running up to me. I bent down and picked her up and hugged her closely.

"Oh shit," I heard Callie whisper next to me and I opened my eyes to see the person standing in front of me was none other than Liam Payne.

***

"Kenzie?" He asked looking confused. "Oh my gosh Kenz," he said in shock.

"Don't Liam." I said shaking my head and closing my eyes, hoping to stop the tears from falling.

"Just please hear me out." He said "I'm so sorry." He said sounding sincere.

"No just stop." I said turning around to face Callie, she looked at me sympathetically and mouthed 'talk to him.' I shook my head and she looked at me sternly. I sighed before turning back towards Liam.

"Fine we can talk."

We ended up all getting McDonald's from the malls food court and Liam introduced me to all his band mates.

"I went back there, to your house and your mom told me you left so I tried to call you but you must have changed your number." He sighed and I nodded.

"Do you think we could talk somewhere more private?" I asked looking around to the boys, Callie, and Ash. He nodded and we excused ourselves and started to walk around the mall. We walked in silence as I tried to figure out the right words to say.

"Do you remember my 15th birthday?" I asked suddenly, breaking the silence.

"Yes, we snuck off to my bedroom andhad.." He trailed off

"Yeah," I said awkwardly.

"And do you remember the day you told me you were leaving for the X-factor?"

He thought for while before answering,

"Yes, you needed to tell me something but never got the chance to." I nodded.

"Liam," I started, looking into his eyes "Ashlyn is yours."

__________________________________________

A/N:

First chapter I rewrote! Hope you like:)