29. Supportive

I woke up and looked over at Jc. He was sitting up scrolling through Instagram on his phone. He glanced over at me and smiled.

"Good morning sunshine" he said as he kissed me on my forehead. I smiled back and Winter whined and pawed at the bed. I lifted her up and patted her head. She walked up to Jc and licked his face. He chuckled and rubbed her belly.

My phone dinged and I picked it up.

DAD: I'm gonna be to the house at like 7 tonight.

I looked at Jc and said "my dad will be here tonight." He stared at me with a nervous look.

"Shit." He mumbled, and then got up to take a shower. I put Winter back on the ground and walked downstairs. I grabbed the box of cereal and poured a good amount of the delicious cereal into the bowl. I ate it slowly and got lost in my thoughts.

I was staring into the bowl of cereal when Kian put his hand on my shoulder. He looked frantic, like he did something bad, something that was regretful, like he didn't know what to do. I set down my spoon and looked at him.

"What'd u do?" I asked him. He waved his fingers as if to say 'come on' and we headed out of the door. We got in his car and he drove down to a spot in the woods, not speaking or looking at me the whole way.

"I slept with Franny." He said after we stopped, looking at me for the first time the whole drive.

"You what?" I said surprised and confused at the same time. He spent months convincing me and Jc that they had no feelings for each other and I believed him, and now he's telling me this and it confuses me.

"I- I just we... we were drunk. And we were talking. And then she was on top of me." He said frantically. "And now I think it's gonna be weird and I need it to not be weird because she was one of my bestfriends." He finished. He rubbed his face with his hands and left them there.

"Well do you have feelings for her?" I asked quietly.

He sat there for awhile staring at his hands before turning to me. "Yeah.. I do" he said softly.

I think he was scared, because the last time he ever loved someone he lost them. I sighed and pulled him into a hug. I had no words of inspiration or comfort or support. And sometimes when that happens- you just need to give a hug.

"You always make me feel better." Kian said as he pulled away and turned the car back on. I smiled at myself and then looked at my phone. Jc had called me 5 times. I called him back.

Jc: You're ok?

Me: Um yeah me an Kian went to... get breakfast

Jc: Oh we were worried

Me: We?

Jc: Franny was wondering where Kian was too.

I looked over at Kian, who bit the inside of his lip.

Me: Ok I love you bye

Jc: love you too

*hangs up*

//

Me and Kian walked in and it was about 12:30. My dad will be here in about 6 and a half hours, so we all have that amount of time to do whatever we want.

Jc and Franny were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Jc smiled at me, and Kian and Franny swapped glances. Jc lifted an eyebrow and pointed at Franny, then Kian. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down next to Jc.

"Hey Kian can you feed Winter&Wishbone? I forgot before I sat down." I asked him. He nodded his head and did it, then fed them. I laid my head on Jc's shoulder and he put his arm around me. Kian stood in front of us and looked around for a spot.

"Scoot over." Kian said to us.

"But there's a spot next to Fra-" Jc said, but I cut him off.

"Move over." A said to him. He nodded and him and Franny both scooted to the left, I did the same and Kian flopped down next to me. We all watched the movie quietly for about 2 hours (It was 8 Mile- a 3 hour movie). When we finished we had about 3 and a half hours before my dad would be here.

"Hey Taylor to you want to out for dinner before your dad gets here?" Jc asked me.

I smiled. "That would be great." I answered. He smiled back and got of the couch. Franny got up and went to the bathroom. I noticed Kian looked very nervous again so I put my hand on his shoulder.

"You can do this, if you don't want to tell her yet, then don't." I said with a smile.

//

Me and Jc went to dinner and ate at some fancy restaurant in downtown LA. By the time we got home it was about 9- we were very late.

When we walked in, my dad was sitting on the couch talking about WWE with Kian and Franny. My dad couldn't even look at me. Kian and Franny got up and went upstairs.

"Hi Taylor." He said as he look at his feet. He then looked at Jc.

"You must be Jc." he said.

"And you're the rock." Jc said as he tightened the grip on my hand. They shook hands, but everything was really awkward, and my dad didn't want to know anything, I don't even know why he came. We sat in silence for awhile before I broke the silence.

"Dad can't you just be supportive or something! You can't even look at me." I said, softening my tone at the end.

He still couldn't  look at me but he said "I'm incredibly disappointed in you." And then got up and left. I teared up before getting up.

"I'm gonna go to bed you can stay up." I said.

"Ok that's fine I'm gonna watch some more movies down here for awhile." He said before kissing my cheek. I walked upstairs and walked into Kians room. He was laying down staring at the wall twiddling his fingers in the dark. Franny was in the guest bedroom I'm assuming. I laid down next to him and put my head on his shoulder.

"My dad hates me" I said. A tear slipped down my cheek.

"No he doesn't." he said quietly.

"No- he does. He can't look at me."

"That's because he's scared. Something happened that changed everything.. and he's scared." Kian said. I no longer thought we were only talking about my dad.

"Kian, I know the last time you loved someone in this way, you lost them. A friend. But that doesn't mean that it has to be that way every time. You're scared, I get that. But you have to tell her or you'll never know if she feels the same." I said quietly. I felt a tear drop down my face- but not my own, Kians.

I looked up at him, he was crying pretty hard. "Kian don't cry." I said as I hugged him. His whole body shook. As he calmed down he pulled away and looked right into my eyes.

"You're my bestfriend. So don't ever think you're not a good or worthy person because someone else said so." Kian said before wiping his eyes and laying back down, I laid my head on his shoulder again we both fell asleep.

THAT is what supportive is.