4. Perfect to Me: RM

(Three months had passed since Taylor, Kendra, and Sara met Kian and Jc. Kendra decided to go back to their little town, while Taylor and Sara stayed, getting used to their new friends. Taylor and Jc had barely spent a single day away from each other since then.)

I woke up with a start. I had been getting more nightmares about Austin lately, and each night they eat me up inside. I hated the way his life ended. He was so young, smart, funny, polite. He had so much going for him. He would love Jc.

I ran out of the room, seeing the clock on the oven as I strolled past. It was about 1 AM, and surprisingly nobody was up. I ran into the spare bedroom upstairs, and shut the door quietly.

I sat there and cried for awhile thinking about Austin. The fun times, the bad times, all of them. I would go through everything bad thing over again just to see him one more time. After awhile, I heard footsteps coming down the hall, then the door opened slowly. I put my head in my hands so they couldn't tell I was crying, but he knew right away.

Jc took me in his arms and kissed my head. "What's wrong Taylor?" he asked softly. I tried to tell him, but nothing would come out. I was crying too hard, too much, and I could barely even breathe. He ran his hands through my hair until I finally calmed down enough to tell him what was going on.

"I keep having nightmares about my brother and what happened to him. It's so hard to relive in my head every night when I go to sleep. I just want it all to stop." I cried to him, holding him tight.

"I'm so sorry honey." he said, wiping tears from my face. I shook my head.

"It's been so long, I wish I could get it out of my brain." I sniffled. Jc nodded his head and looked at me sadly.

"Come on." he said softly, grabbing my hands and pulling me up, then walking me back to his room. He cuddled me as he rubbed my back until I fell back to sleep.

-

When I woke up again it was 4 in the morning. I saw the hallway light on and curiously walked out of the room. I also saw Kians light on and looked back. That's when I noticed Jc wasn't in the bed. I heard voices from Kians room. "I don't know.... I think I love her" Jc said quietly.

"Are u sure Jc? I mean, you've only known her for a few months." Kian said. I heard Jc sigh and shift on Kian's bed.

"I thought that too. I asked myself if I was just blinded by this new feeling, and tricked myself into it. But, the feeling I get when she is in my arms, and the feeling I get when she cries.. Its love." he said quietly.

Suddenly, I backed up and hit a vase onto the floor. It crashed and cracked open." shit" I mumbled as I heard footsteps coming from Kian's room. I sprinted to the bed and got into a comfortable position. Jc got into the bed and wrapped his arms around me a few seconds later.

I thought about whether or not to comment on what he had said, and after an hour of not being able to sleep because of it, I turned over and looked at him.

"I love you too" I said.

"You heard?" he asked.

"I heard, and I love you too. I haven't loved anyone since my brother died. He was my best friend and I felt like I couldn't love anyone anymore, in any way. I felt like I was drowning and I couldn't swim up far enough to get fresh air. But then I met you, and suddenly I can breathe again. I love you Jc Caylen" A tear slipped from my eye as a smile grew on his face. I could see his eyes watering through the darkness.

"I love you too" Jc whispered and kissed me.

I wanted to stay in that moment forever. His lips were soft and made me feel warm and fuzzy. He cuddled me as I told him all about my brother. Watching movies, going to dinner, everything.

He seemed to understand every time I got sad thinking about those times and started crying. He would wait, comfort me, and tell me it was okay to be sad. He understood that it was touchy. He would tell me he doesn't need to know and that i didn't have to keep going if I didn't want to, not in an 'I don't feel like listening' way but in a 'I don't want u to cry because it makes me want to cry' way. My point is he understands, and I couldn't ask for anything more. He was, no, is perfect to me.