75. Safe Place

-2 days before Taylor goes home-

I called Jc. No answer. I left him alone after that. He told me yesterday Zoe would be at Kian's when I get home.

I ran to the grocery store, very wary of my surroundings. I picked up fruits and vegetables, then I went back home. I almost chopped my finger off cutting carrots.

After, me and my mom watched Netflix. After that, I went upstairs and called Jc again. No answer, again.

I called Kian and he told me Jc had probably just forgot to call me back and fell asleep. Then, I just went to sleep.

-the next day-

I got up, took a shower, and brushed my teeth. I decided I was going to meet up with Kendra today.

I straightened my hair and put on sweatpants and a crop top, then I headed out the door, yelling goodbye to my mom.

I met Kendra at an ice cream shop call Zoellas.
When I saw her, I was surprised. She wasn't her little frail self, she had worked out and ate and now she was toned and lean in a healthy way.

"Kendra!" I yelled, waving. She smiled and walked up to me. I hugged her and she smiled.

"You look amazing!" I told her.

"You got boobs." She told me.

I laughed, "I had a baby." I told her.

Her mouth hung open, "with Jc?"

I nodded, "Yep, and we're engaged." I told her.

"Congratualations!"

I nodded and smiled, but it was fake. I was worried about Jc. Was he alright? Did he lose his phone? It could be something totally small, but I had no clue.

I visited with Kendra for awhile, then she said she'd stay in touch, which we both knew was a lie.

The day went normal, dinner, movie, board game, try to FaceTime Jc a bunch of times, facetime Kian, and go to bed.

- the day Taylor goes home-

I woke up at 9:00 AM and walked into my childhood bathroom. The pink curtain of the shower was cold to the touch as I opened it and turned on the shower. I took a quick shower, then I got out and put on some jeans, a flowy tank top and a blazer.

I was going out for breakfast with one of my old friends, Brianna. I quickly put concealer, mascara, and lipstick on, not really caring too much what I looked like. I straightened my hair, then walked out of my bathroom back into my bedroom. I grabbed my pursed and hung it around my shoulder.

I walked out of my room into the ginormous living room. My mom was laying on the couch.
"I'm going out for breakfast." I said to my mom. "Okay." She said. I smiled at her and then turned and walked out of the door. When I got there I only saw a black haired girl with tan skin, with a car seat sitting next to her in the booth. Maybe Bri wasn't here yet, I thought. That was, until the woman turned around and said "Taylor!!!"

I ran over to her and hugged her. When she stood up to hug me I seen my long haired petite friend that I'd recognize anywhere. It was the car seat that threw me off. In side of the car seat lay a little baby.

"You have a baby?" I asked her. "Yeah!" She said with a smile. "What's her name?" I asked her. "Lily." She said. "Oh she's so cute!" I said as I sat down across from the car seat. Brianna sat across from me next to the car seat.

"How've you been?" I asked her. "I've been good, it's been hard taking care of Lily by myself, but I'm good." She said. She seen the engagement ring on my finger. "You're married?" She asked. "Engaged. We have a baby." I said. "Oh! Congratulations." She said. "Who?" She asked."Jc Caylen.." I started. I told her the whole story, start to now.  By the end, her eyes were sparkling. "Well damn." She said. "I know." I said as I smiled. We talked for a little longer until 11:00 rolled around. My flight leaves at 6, so I have a little longer, but I still have to pack and say bye to everyone.